Posts by themowgs

So you have messed up kodi's profile. Good that we identified issue. You will have to install addons and everything else again on new profile or switch back to old one and maybe only reinstall problematic addons.

But still wondering why your paste command don't work...

To switch back to old profile

Code
    systemctl stop kodi
    mv /storage/.kodi /storage/.kodi.new
    mv /storage/.kodi.orig /storage/.kodi
    systemctl start kodi

Thank you so very much for the help I greatly appreciate it. I dont mind setting up a new profile but would like to just go back to the old one to screenshot some of my settings I had within my add ons.

When Im back in my old profile, how would I switch back to the new one?

Lastly, is there a way to get the ticks back of what I have watched and what I still need to watch?

Again, thank you so so so much.

Dmesg seems good.

The next step is to start kodi with fresh profile.

Code
    systemctl stop kodi
    mv /storage/.kodi /storage/.kodi.orig
    systemctl start kodi

Do initial setup, install youtube addon and check if it works.

Also what do you get by

Code
    curl "http://ix.io"

Creating a new profile worked. I installed youtube and could run a search and play a video

This is the output from the command

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Im also starting to think it might be a bad disk.

The first command gave no output

Please see output of the commands

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sorry but there is no indication of any addon use in kodi log. Are you sure you select 'debug logging' in kodi?

What happen when you open youtube or netflix addon? Does it open something?

And can you run this command again? You wrote before it doesn't work?

Code
    paste /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

And what about

Code
    nslookup www.youtube.com
    curl https://www.youtube.com/ | head -c1000

do you see with curl web page downloaded?

I did indeed enable debugging. When I try to open youtube I get an error at the top that states

YOUTUBE ERROR

CHECK THE LOG FOR MORE INFO

I tried to upload a picture but the files are too big.

In the paste below you will see what I mean when I say nothing happens when I run the first command.

My htpc is also freezing now constantly, dont know if its the debugging but its not even 5 minutes then I need to switch the power off and on again and the time that this started was also because I had to restart the machine due to freezing.

Did you even try any addon like youtube or netflix? I don't see anything logged. And be sure debug is enabled.

And can you run this two commands and post result?

Code
    nslookup ix.io
    ping ix.io

Yes I tried both Netflix and YouTube

Here is the output

Here is another one

I hope this is the correct one. When I ssh into the box and run the command I do not receive a link.

Is there really no one that can help me with this? It seems only the add-ons that does not have internet connection. Add-ons such as youtube, Netflix etc but sonar, transmission etc is working fine.

This is really frustrating

I ssh into the bix and ran some commands

knows - probably a glitch somewhere.

Give it half an hour, if issues still exist

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

I have this link but not sure of this is what you are looking for.

Who knows - probably a glitch somewhere.

Give it half an hour, if issues still exist

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

Thank you. I enable debugging now and switched the machine off.

Strange issue this.

I started my system this evening and although I can connect to my addons etc, the box itself cant open Netflix, Youtube etc. There seems to be no internet connection but the internet in the house is fine.

As I said, I can connect to the box and browse folders etc.

There will be a fix in the next Kodi release. Question is, why would you need calibration in the first place? Any decent TV can properly handle a computer signal these days.

So its a known issue then? I have no idea why it is doing it. Its not a new tv, fairly old LG.

Previously it used to happen on some occasions but not like now where it is a daily thing.

I recently updated to Libreelec 9.0.1 and since the update I have to constantly recalibrate the video in the settings>system>video calibration where I have to realign the arrows etc.

This happens after every restart, every episode or movie etc and it is becoming irritating. Is there a way I can set it and save it like that?