Posts by jcjdammers

Hi Hias,

I tested the new buid and it works geat. Resume / wakep works as before again !!!

Below is the output from the commands that you requested me.

I am using LE and therefore OE for a long time now on Macmini (and prior ATV1) and the atvclient always worked perfectly, and for many other users.

So I wonder what the plan is now?

Greetings,

Jeroen

Hi Hias,

Thanks for preparing the build. I will test it on Saturday because I am away from home the whole week.

I have added below lines to my autostart.sh in order for the USB devices/Bus to enable the wakeup.

The atvclient itself has always worked for me (in LE 8 it needed latest version with krypton patches though).

My autostart.sh

Code
    echo enabled > /sys/bus/usb/devices/2-1.8.2/power/wakeup
    echo 1 > /sys/power/pm_async

Jeroen.

Hi Hias,

I did all the instructions you said, but unfortunately without any success :(

As far as I know atvclient is the only way to get the apple ir remote working properly and it works already for ages. There was a small code change earlier this year to support Krypton, but before that atvclinet code was not touched for a very long time.

Is it an option to disable / remove the newly added apple ir driver, since it is not required by atvclient?

I am happy to test.

Jeroen.

For the non-working 8.2.0 installation it is:

Code
    Macmini:/sys/bus/usb/devices # journalctl -a | paste
    http://sprunge.us/NZFX
    Macmini:/sys/bus/usb/devices # dmesg | paste
    http://sprunge.us/JciJ
    Macmini:/sys/bus/usb/devices # lsmod | paste
    http://sprunge.us/DEhD

For the working 8.0.2 intallation I first have to revert my system upgrade and I will need some more time for that.

Hi,

I am running LE 7.0.3 on my Macmini (late 2012 model) and am verry happy with it !!
    However one thing is bugging me for already a year now.
    Since OE 6 and LE the wakeup from suspend using my apple remote is no longer working, while it used to work fine in OE 5 (after applying the instructions in this thread).
    Now when my Macmini is suspended (white led on the front is blinking) and I press the apple remote then I notice that the led stops blinking and stays on, but my screen stays black/blank and everything seems to be frozen (also connecting with ssh is then not possible anymore). The only thing I can do is to switch off and on the power.

I have posted the problem before on the OE forum but it didn't lead to a solution, so I thought I will try a new post.
    Any help, suggestions or fix are more then welcome. I really hope this can be fixed in LE 8.
    Happy to provide any further information or perform instructions or testing on request.

One thing I noticed is that the "cat /proc/acpi/wakeup" command shows S4 state for all listed devices, and this used to be S3 before.
    Maybe this is related to the problem??

Macmini:~ # cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
    Device S-state Status Sysfs node
    P0P2 S4 *disabled pci:0000:00:01.0
    EC S4 *disabled platformTongueNP0C09:00
    GMUX S4 *disabled pnp:00:03
    HDEF S4 *disabled pci:0000:00:1b.0
    RP01 S4 *disabled pci:0000:00:1c.0
    GIGE S4 *enabled pci:0000:01:00.0
    SDXC S4 *disabled pci:0000:01:00.1
    RP02 S4 *disabled pci:0000:00:1c.1
    ARPT S4 *disabled pci:0000:02:00.0
    RP03 S4 *disabled pci:0000:00:1c.2
    EHC1 S4 *enabled pci:0000:00:1d.0
    EHC2 S4 *disabled pci:0000:00:1a.0
    XHC1 S4 *enabled pci:0000:00:14.0

Regards, Jeroen

Fix is merged and will appear in next release. I'll mention the wakeup issue to others .. it's not part of the OS that I understand.

Yes would be great if you could ask arround for the wakeup issue.
    When my Macmini is in standby and I press the apple remote then I notice that the little white light on the front stops blinking and turns on, but my screen stays blank and the device is stuck/frozen (also connecting with ssh is then not possible anymore).
    It worked perfectly fine with OE 5, so I assume it is not a hardware issue.
    See also OpenELEC Mediacenter - OpenELEC Forum - Macmini wakeup with apple remote is broken in 6.0 (1/1)

Thanks.