Posts by mo123

thanks mo123, another question, i have a rock64, but i'm inclined to buy a rock64pro just to get the pci express dual sata card to connect 2 Hard disks.

the question is does libreelec have drivers to support this card? so i can build a libreelec with 2 hard disks connected to the system?

Best regards.

You might need to add the drivers or make dts changes to the LE kernel and build your own image to support that or ask Pine64 if it works.

How do you want to use an Android flash tool to write LibreELEC to EMMC?

You write LibreELEC with etcher to a micro-sd card.

I'm not aware of any compatible LibreELEC image for VS-RK3399.

Gigabit ethernet is broken for all RK3328 devices at the moment., Kwiboo said he will look into it.

It is working on the old 4.4 kernel images that are now discontinued.

By running the MVR9 images on your device, you must make sure your device also uses DDR4 RAM otherwise in the long run it will cause wear & tear on your RAM chips and can also cause stuttering video playback if used on a DDR3 device.

Kwiboo, we really need new images for testing, please :)

No support for that Beelink device.

But you can try all the images, maybe one will boot but wifi, bluetooth and ethernet will most likely not work.

The device was also discontinued by them 3 months after release, so you also won't get any Android updates.

TICTID, MVR9, ROC CC, Rock64 RK3328 are the only ones with mainline LE support.

You have to wait until mainline Linux support is added for Rockchip devices.

4.4 kernel images don't support audio passthrough.

Rockchip: add mainline linux support by Kwiboo · Pull Request #3560 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Kwiboo I have a RK3399 box (X99) for which I had a working 4.4 dts. I tried booting the rockpro64 img, but it gave an error wrt i2c on the serial console.

I ended up modifying the original 4.4 dts which got rid of the i2c error bringing it closer to rockpro64, but the screen is blank. There is an error regarding EDID is blank.

Let me know so I can provide any debug logs or dump of any parameters from serial console.

You will need a 5.1 not 4.4 dts kernel file to test with mainline images used here.

But I can't help further.

from where I can download the 5.x kernel image (package) so that we also can test and give you the feedback. Thank you

Here are the test images with mainline Linux 5.1 kernels.

Index of /test/

Mpeg2 should work.

It seems there is progress being made with H264 and hopefully that should work too early next month.

Then H265 and VP9 video playback code still has to be created and tested with mainline Linux.

I can't wait until everything works fully with mainline Linux.

Carey It must be because you have a different revised board.

Most Rock64 users have the non revised or rev1 boards that they bought one or two years ago.

The kernel dts file might not contain the correct settings for the latest rev2 or 3 boards I think.

It can hopefully be fixed with the correct kernel changes later on.

Pine64 should have made one board with everything improved from user feedback before the device was released since all these revised boards become a nightmare later on to all support correctly.

Maybe something also causing problems with rev3 boards and micro-sd cards.

Wonder how it passed quality control?

Rock64 v3 and SD-Cards

I'm on the latest alpha build of libreelec, and have an issue with the video on my rock64 1GB board. I've just now started using this board, and I have found 2 issues. One is that when i start a video I lose hdmi output, the other is when i do have hdmi output the color is not correct. The interface works correctly, this only happens when i start a video. Has anyone else had this same issue and have you been able to get it corrected or should i go back to using my raspberry pi and find another use for the rock64.

Did you try the latest nightly?

libreelec-rk3328.arm-9.1-nightly-20190501-6f2af43-rock64.img.gz

Hi,

i use my Rockpi4 dayli with live tv and netflix. I have also a tvheadend server with german sky Card. Everything works well, but sometimes the video has to reload and at this point i have to stop the program and start it again, because the video is showing slideshow. If i turn of the Hardware decoder and use SW everything works fine!! It would be nice if someone can test this issue!

Sorry for my english...

The nightly images are missing the software decode patches from Kwiboo for Inputstream Netflix decoding.

Otherwise everything could be hardware decoded and Netflix software decoded automatically with much better performance.

Things will improve even more with the switchover to the Linux 5 kernel.

Of course it will be open-source.

The main use of RK3588 is Linux support.

It just depends which companies will release development boards based on it and send sample devices to developers.

Don't expect cheap no name brands that only ship with Android to have any LE support.

But it's still almost a year away.

The S905X3 is a low cost device, RK3588 won't compete against it, rather against the S922 but the RK3399 performance is already a bit faster than the S922. I would rather say the RK3530 will compete against S905X2 & S905X3.

Hello,

sorry, I have to open a new topic, since noone gives answers...is there a offical (alive) develoment topic for the rock64 with changelogs?! I cant do testing when I dont know what to look for...I do all the updates usually.

Thanks,

regards

Compare the commit number in your image to the one in the Github page to see commits newer than it or the ones included in the image. Eg. b090091bb921 That is your change-log.

Commits · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

The daily images are all still using the old 4.4 kernel that is now discontinued since mainline v5.x kernel support is being worked on.

Just some of the hundreds of mainline patches that will be tested and merged soon.

WIP: Rockchip: add initial mainline support · Kwiboo/LibreELEC.tv@60355a0 · GitHub

The kernel update from 4.4 to 5.0.7 alone already contains a few thousand changes.

Some mainline kernel work being done on a daily basis.

Rockchip SoC list - Patchwork

With mainline support lots of things like 10-bit, HDR, interlaced playback, HD Audio have to be redone and for HDR, follow standards set by Intel code that have to be tested and still merged into mainline kernel. But if finished, everything will run a lot more stable and be better supported. All of this takes tremendous time and effect from several different developers.

Several Rockchip devices are tested not just Rock64, there is no special support for one device.