Posts by mo123

Hello Guys,

Great work on the support for this platform!

I however have an issue with mpeg4 decoding on my Rock64 (2gb). I'm currently using the official 9.2 build from (Rockchip – LibreELEC) and from what I understand mpeg4 decoding is done in software. I need to remain at kodi 18.x , are there any other build that have mpeg4 hw enabled and are at 18.x?

Many thanks for all the hard work...

The rk3229 images posted recently have mpeg4 hardware acceleration added.

I'll try to see if I can build a RK3328 image from that code.

Can you send me a mpeg4 sample video you have problems with then I can test it on rk3229 and rk3328?

If you can get ap6212 wifi working on your other device, it would be great.

Then most likely only the dts file gpio pin numbers for the wifi will need changing for my device which I already did.

Hi Chewiit.

Thanks a lot for your explanation.

Since your post has been around for a long time, I'd just like to know if anything has changed: I shouldn't find an image for LibreELEC for RK3229, ok?

You can check if the RK322x LibreELEC I built can work on your device.

Wifi and ir remote might not work if your device is different.

Set the UI to 720p for better performance.

It is based on this repo - GitHub - knaerzche/LibreELEC.tv: Just enough OS for KODI

MEGA

Confirmed working

- 10-bit H264/H265 video playback support
    - Mpeg2/H264 Deinterlacing working
    - Mpeg2, Mpeg4, H264, H265, VP9 all working
    - Ethernet support
    - IR Remote support
    - Auto frame-rate switching support

Didn't know, that there are people who are interessted in this device besides me ;)

I did this GitHub - knaerzche/LibreELEC.tv: Just enough OS for KODI some days ago ... If you know how to build LE, this is your thing.

Other than current LE buildsystem it uses (almost) latest Rockchip 4.4 kernel and (almost) latest mpp. Currently there are 4 supported TV boxes: a95rx1, hk1mini, d88 (hdmi-stick), v884k and v88mars. If your device isn't listed v88mars build should work on all devices ... LE is working great besides one very anyoing bug: Exactly 10 minutes after startup the screen starts flickering - you'll have to login via ssh a restart kodi - after that its running for days or weeks without interruption. It working soooooo much better and faster than android on these boxes ... comparable to Allwinner H3. Don't expect to much according to HEVC-4k-10bit streams ... its working but almost always the sound isn't in sync. 8bit works great ... and: no HDR at all

See https://github.com/knaerzche/libreelec.tv/tree/master/projects/rockchip/devices/rk322x for build instrucations

Very interesting, must have been a lot of work.

I will try to built it.

I have a AP6255 wifi device so will try to see if an existing dtb works and try to modify it.

Hope you can fix the flickering, maybe updating to the latest kernel, libmali, drm fixes it?

Maybe there are also changes from joern-p that improves things on rk322x?

Joern-P (Jörn Petersen) / Repositories · GitHub

RK322x hardware unfortunately doesn't support HDR or fractional frequencies, otherwise it could have been the cheapest devices to run LibreELEC on with most features available.

The Tinkerboard doesn't support fractional frequencies since it uses a soc that was released in 2014 that doesn't have the hardware support for it.

You will only get 24, 25, 30, 50, 60hz playback support.

You can try to use an advancedsettings xml file to force 23.976hz to 24hz or enable sync to display in Kodi/LibreELEC's settings.

To use fractional frequencies, you need a RK3328 or RK3399 device.

I already posted several LibreELEC builds for MVR9, Rock64, ROC CC with 720p Netflix software decoding support.

But seems no one even uses it. Search for it in the forums.

Devices like the RockPi 4 RK3399 can even decode 1080p Netflix in LibreELEC with my image.

Hello I have a rockpi4b sbc with libreelec LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-9.1.501-rock-pi-4.img.gz installed. I have problems enabling audio out from the analog 3.5" jack directly from libreelec. I get only audio from HDMI or if I plug a USB dac.

I have tried HDMI, analog and ES8316 analog and nothing seems to work.

if I run allay -lL I get the options indicated in the attached pictures. Please advise to enable analog out.

Regards

Hi

I fixed the audio jack problem.

You will have to wait until I build a new image in a day or 2, then you can test if it works.

I have problem with playing video with resolution 960x540 qHD with hevc, playing only sound. Other videos no problem.

I have installed release LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.1.501-rock64.img.gz

What could I set?

Can you post some sample videos?

It would be interesting to test it on different Rockchip devices.

I see some new patches for H.264 decoding : LKML: Ezequiel Garcia: [PATCH v5 00/11] media: hantro: Add support for H264 decoding

Is it good for us if this land mainline ?

Yes, since Linux OS's like LibreELEC, Armbian, Manjaro etc. will then also have out of the box video playback capabilities if using the latest mainline kernel without any tweaking, special drivers or old kernels that need to be used.

Only H265, VP9 I think must still be added since mpeg2, mpeg4, H264, VP8, HDR, HDMI CEC I think are already far developed for the mainline kernel.

The open-source Mal GPU Panfrost, Bitfrost drivers landing in the mainline kernel will also help a lot for the graphics acceleration to have a complete Linux experience.