Posts by bpr323

I've tried installing the "party mode" addon, but still no dice :(

Could someone please give me some clues on how to fix/tweak the Playing Now for music files?

I just don't get it - if I start playing a video file, the screen automatically changes to "playback" view.

Why doesn't it do this when I start playing a music file it stays on the default front page?

I expect to see the audio playback screen with album cover and the progress bar + info, but this doesn't happen - what am I missing here?

/shrug

This is a copy of the post I made on Thoradia thread by accident.

I've installed miniDLNA from default add-on library and got it running. The actual PuTTy cmd commands are:

>>> systemctl start service.minidlna

>>> systemctl stop service.minidlna

>>> systemctl restart service.minidlna

>>> systemctl status service.minidlna

I now have LE 9.0.1 installed on the internal NVME drive and there are 2 external USB's - NTFS formatted as SSD-500 and WD3Tb

LE mounts these USB's automatically at boot and shares them to local network across SAMBA - nothing to tweak there, apart from LE options.

After installing miniDLNA add-on on LE, all you need to do is stop the service using PuTTy and edit minidlna.conf which is located here -

\\192.168.1.LE_IP > Userdata > addon_data > service.minidlna > config > minidlna.conf

When you 2-click on the file, it opens in Word and changes that you make are saved to conf in ASCII.

After applying the changes - go back to PuTTy, start the service and check the status

The most difficult part is providing correct path(s) to media sources. My "cleaned-up" <minidlna.conf> looks like this:

media_dir=/var/media/SSD-500

media_dir=/var/media/WD3Tb

media_dir=./storage/downloads

friendly_name=miniDLNA

inotify=yes

enable_tivo=no

strict_dlna=no

serial=12345678

model_number=1

notify_interval=1800

miniDLNA builds a library very fast, all 3 sources are getting scanned and broadcasted across DLNA including artwork embedded in FLAC's

Had a bit of trial and error with "downloads" before figuring out there should be a dot in <media_dir=./storage/downloads> line

Very happy :) Hope someone finds this little [How-To] useful.

@eljamo

Thank you for the tips regarding miniDLNA add-on !

I've installed miniDLNA from default library and got it running. The actual cmd commands are:

>>> systemctl start service.minidlna

>>> systemctl stop service.minidlna

>>> systemctl force-reload service.minidlna

>>> systemctl status service.minidlna

I now have LE 9.0.1 installed on the internal NVME drive and there are 2 external USB's (NTFS formatted) attached

After installing miniDLNA add-on on LE, all you need to is stop the service using PuTTy and browse to

\\192.168.1.LE_IP > Userdata > addon_data > service.minidlna > config > minidlna.conf

when you 2-click it opens in Word and changes are saved in ASCII.

after applying the changes - start the service and check the status

My "cleaned-up" <minidlna.conf> looks like this:

media_dir=/media/SSD-500

media_dir=/media/WD3Tb

media_dir=./storage/downloads

friendly_name=miniDLNA

inotify=yes

enable_tivo=no

strict_dlna=no

serial=12345678

model_number=1

notify_interval=1800

At the moment everything is working beautifully, all 3 sources are getting scanned and broadcasted across DLNA including artwork embedded in FLAC's

Had a bit of trial and error with "downloads" before figuring out there should be a dot in <media_dir=./storage/downloads> line

Very happy :) Hope someone finds this little [How-To] useful.

edjalmo - thanks mate! I realised my mistake and fixed the problem a couple of hours ago :)

Do know how to get MiniDLNA scan external USB drives?

Or the command to force-restart service.minidlna ?

At 62 years of age I'm so lame I'm not even ashamed of it :)

All right ... success! Thank you Iridium for the tip on overriding the "unknown sources disabled"

1) Install Thoradia repository from thoradia/service.thoradia.zip at master · thoradia/thoradia · GitHub

2) Install add-on from repository (LE will now show the Thoradia repository in the list) select Thoradia > Services > service.transmission

3) Once Transmission installed on LE, go to My Add-ons > click on Transmission tile, go to Settings and update the IP of your local network ending with x.* Leave all other defaults as is

4) Open from browser the LE's ip address - 192.168.***.***:9091/transmission/web/

5) Edit settings

6) I have installed Chrome extension called " .torrent to Transmission" - it's very nice, you can right-click on a magnet link and select "download with Transmission". There's also a Windows GUI app that connects to transmission daemon on LE and you can manage transmission settings from there

Hi Iridium,

None taken

No, I haven't tried to disable "disabling" message by clicking on [settings] - but I will try that, to install Thoradia add-on from zip.

On the "Unable to connect to Transmission " - Yes I went to settings and tried different user /password, and replaced "localhost" with IP, but to no avail.

In fact, transmission-service was not even installed in init.d - the Transition add-on installed from Kodi library is an empty shell.

Once I overcome this issue, I will publish here the full how-to in order to fill the gap in the LE WIKI

As I was searching for help with MiniDLNA add-on on LE 9.0.1 - I came across this post from Klojum on the Kodi forum:

"We recently tested a version of MiniDLNA on a LibreELEC 9.x test build and it worked".

I've tried and failed to get MiniDLNA working on LE about a year ago - could you please share your test copy of the conf file and the relevant file locations to edit and commands?

Thank you!

I've installed LE on an Intel box and I cannot get Transmission add-on to work.

I installed Transmission from official LE library - not from zip or from Thoradia.

It installed with 3 mandatory components, but fails to launch when I click on the icon tile. Returns an error that it couldn't connect and asks to open settings dialog ..

1) What is the bloody point releasing an "official" module that doesn't work out of the box?

2) There is bugger all information on how to fine tune it on LE Wiki - NOTHING there, nothing on this forum.

I try opening http://192.168.1.209:9091/transmissionweb/ - nothing, connection refused

I SSH to 192.168.1.209:22 (root/libreelec) - cannot even find transmission-daemon

Can someone please provide instructions on:

1) how to start transmission on LE

2) how to get rpc and web ui working?

I've uninstalled the "official" Transmission add-on and downloaded the service.transmission-9.1.16.zip from Thoradia repository on Github, but when I try to "install from zip" on LE 9.01 add-ons page it returns error msg that installing from unofficial sources is disabled :(

What's the work-around?

I've installed from zip the correct minidlna service add-on for Milhouse 9.0 build, on top of the generic add-on from official LE repo

I got the zip from CVH's repository here - http://cvh.libreelec.tv/addons/9.0/minidlna/generic/

Kodi reported on UI that "Minidlna add-on was updated successfully"

Upon further investigation, there are 2 separate "minidlna.conf" files on the system:

LibreELEC:~ # find . -name minidlna.conf

./.kodi/addons/service.minidlna/config/minidlna.conf

./.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.minidlna/config/minidlna.conf

I've changed the friendly name to XYZ in the "userdata" conf to test which of the two conf's is taking effect

My BubbleUPNP controller correctly reports there are 2 media servers available - XYZ and Kodi (LibreELEC).

The "DLNA Server" used in the other conf - in "addons" folder, doesn't show up on the network, and it's not having any effect.

QUESTION - What is the purpose of the minidlna.conf in the "addons" folder if the minidlna.conf in "userdata" overrides it?

The service.log in "userdata" after minidlna killall and restart reads that:

/storage/jenkins/workspace/Addons/All_Add-ons/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-devel/minidlna-138d03d/upnphttp.c:1065: warn: HTTP Connection closed unexpectedly

The error "HTTP Connection closed unexpectedly" (and stoppage of Kodi playback after 30 sec) which started with "official" 8.2 version of MiniDLNA add-on, persists with CVH's version of minidlna service for Milhouse 9.0

Could someone please help me here?

I've installed the MiniDLNA from the official add-on repo - after updating to the latest Milhouse 9.0

MiniDLNA works, but it is unable to scan media files on my USB drive (WD3Tb) - which Kodi library scans without a problem, though.

I've edited the minidlna.conf in \\LIBREELEC\Userdata\addon_data\service.minidlna\config\

Kodi uses /media/WD3Tb as path to my USB in Library Sources for videos and music, so I used the same path to configure Minidlna.

media_dir=/media/WD3Tb

This doesn't work. Looking at service.log there's an error - [2018/10/14 17:10:29] /storage/jenkins/workspace/Addons/All_Add-ons/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-devel/minidlna-138d03d/minidlna.c:668: error: Media directory "./var/media/WD3Tb" not accessible [No such file or directory]

From Chewitt's explanation above, I vaguely understand that the issue is caused by Minidlna "user" not granted same read permissions as Kodi on the /media/* folder, which is a virtual directory. OR there's some problem with the way my USB drive is mounted/configured for Kodi and Minidlna.

I log in with SSH as root, but also get an error:

LibreELEC:~ # /dev/disk/by-label/WD3Tb

-sh: /dev/disk/by-label/WD3Tb: Permission denied

Worst of all, playing a song directly in Kodi, it starts playing then stops

Checking miniDLNA service.log - there's an error:

/storage/jenkins/workspace/Addons/All_Add-ons/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-devel/minidlna-138d03d/upnphttp.c:1065: warn: HTTP Connection closed unexpectedly.

1) Could someone please provide the commands I need to run in SSH - step by step for Minidlna to be able scan my USB?

2) And what's causing the "closing of HTTP connection" - how do i fix this?

Is Milhouse 9.0 update causing this, and should I reinstall from scratch the stock LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.90.006.img??