Posts by adam.h.

My experiences are mixed as well. For a short time I used Argon One with M.2 NVMe expansion board, so could use small M2 SSD to boot it up. That part worked fine, however all together it drained so much energy from the power supply that I was not able to use external USB SSD where I keep my movies (tested several 3+ A power adaptors).

I didn't want to add additional powered USB hub to that mix, so just switched to passive cooling case, where single power adaptor is running RPi and external USB SSD without issues.

"Do we have to blindly guess at the problem"

if I had said something like that to a customer, if I were to blindly guess their problem, I would have been fired before a second had passed

I start feeling sorry for your customers, as if you don't understand such simple thing like OSS support models, very likely you are failing with much serious things for them.

Here is the simple Etiquette Guidebook for users who don't pay anything for what they are getting. Don't agree with some/all? That's fine, hire people to send them your requests and demand from them, simple as that:

• Say thank you for the project before making an inquiry about a new feature.
    • When opening an issue, create a small, isolated, simple, reproduction of the issue.
    • When opening an issue, if you’re unable to resolve it yourself, please explain that. The expectation is that you resolve the issues you bring up. If someone else does it, that’s a gift they’re giving to you.
    • Don’t file issues that say things like “is this even maintained anymore?” A comment like this is insulting to the time they have put in, it reads as though the project is not valid anymore just because they needed a break, or were working on something else, or their dad died or they had a kid or any other myriad human reasons for not being at the beck and call of code. It’s totally ok to ask if there’s a roadmap for the future, or to decide based on past commits that it’s not maintained enough for your liking. It’s not ok to be passive aggressive to someone who created something for you for free.
    • If someone respectfully declines a PR because, though valid code, it’s not the direction they’d like to take the project, don’t keep commenting on the pull request. At that point, it might be a better idea to fork the project if you feel strongly the need for a feature.
    • When you want to submit a really large pull request to a project you’re not a core contributor on, it’s a good idea to ask via an issue if the direction you’d like to go makes sense.
    • Avoid entitlement. The maintainers of the project don’t owe you anything. When you start using the project, it becomes your responsibility to help maintain it. If you don’t like the way the project is being maintained, be respectful when you provide suggestions and offer help to improve the situation.
    • Before doing anything on a project, familiarize yourself with the contributor guidelines often found in a CONTRIBUTING.md file at the root of the repository. If one does not exist, file an issue to ask if you could help create one.

So this is not something serious, but for sure annoying.

I'm running LE11 nightly on NUC10, which is connected to my home wifi network. No problems with the connection at all. I don't stream movies, that connection is used just for LE upgrades.

And still, randomly, while watching a movie, I have message saying that my network key is invalid and then big virtual keyboard popup to enter the passphrase. Which I can get rid of quickly with single key click on the remote, but as you can imagine the movie's suspense is ruined at that point :cursing:

Any hint how to fix it without disabling wifi? It would be good to have option disabling popups from plugins while player is active.

When connecting directly into TV there's no dropouts

Interesting. Considering that both Win/VLC and Unx/LE have similar issues with hdmi through Yamaha this might suggest some HDMI hw (edit: or rather firmware) incompatibility between that version of NUC and your Yamaha receiver. I wonder if you find any other people complaining for that specific combination of NUC-Rcvr?

I have passthrough enable on kodi, when I play a video it every few second audio keeps cutting out. is there anyway to fix this?

Make sure you are running latest BIOS and have installed all firmware updates if available (e.g. HDMI firmware) - see here.
    If this would not solve the problem then try to search NUC forums for hints what should be the BIOS setup (like disable power management etc), it seems that NUC has often issues with hdmi audio on Linux distros.