Posts by Kick4U

    The usage of wget getwidevine.sh, which is referenced in many forums delivered only an

    outdated libwidevine for ARM-boxes.

    I haven't even tried to get Netflix or Amazon on my S905x box yet, but will soon. I looked into the script referenced in many forums and saw that it downloads an Arm7h package of chromium-widevine. Googling found an updated version on the ArchLinux website and instructions for Netflix.

    Hope this helps; I'll be testing this sometime soon when I have free time.

    The Coolest Thanks for your answer

    Unfortunately, your tip does not work, 576cvbs was already registered.
    Maybe somebody can test with a S905x box if AV (Composite) works with CE.

    My living room TV has a broken HDMI board and we have to use it with an HDMI-to-CVBS converter. Would love to see the new version work, but it still is showing a black screen. Strange thing is the TV shows the resolution change when adjusting the mode using the syntax The Coolest provided.


    It seems so close!

    I'm very excited to see the rebellion continue!


    I wonder if there will be any chance that my two request can be implemented into this build?


    1) Create Favorite from main screen

    I found this link that seems to be the key to when they removed this feature:

    move favourites context menus to favourites module · xbmc/[email protected] · GitHub


    2) Improve guide number layout

    I'm surprised that this hasn't been an issue for more users (I use 5 digit channels i.e.206.1).


    I will definitely be happy without either of these though if that means that we keep getting quality builds like we have.


    Keep up the great work!!!

    Wonder why when I factory reset the box, the previous logs remained? I thought /storage/ was formatted? Anyways...


    I'm certain the system was compromised about a year ago when I knew nothing about SSH and Samba security since every Samba share was showing up with random vulgar .scr files. I've since not seen these files show up and disabled SSH passwords on my all boxes.


    I further tested isolating my box from the network as you advised and enabled the firewall, had been using the TVClient iPhone app to setup recording remotely. This stopped the eratic HTTP Get Requests, so I've changed the default ports and reopened the firewall and Voila! the behavior has been neutralized.


    I'm glad the logs aren't showing the random HTTP Get Requests anymore, but am still quite concerned about the security of the system.


    Thank you for your advice chewitt!

    Hello, I've been trying to find a way to run a malware detector on my Wetek Play 2. I've tried to find software to install, but it seems I need to either compile or have perl installed. Is there any advice from the community on how to proceed? Can I scan my LibreELEC system remotely from another device?


    Thank You

    I also had trouble with TVHeadend at the start. Seems that it was not able to find services from the given muxes provided during the inital setup. I ran the setup on a system with TVHeadend 4.2 (change remoteip to this system's ip address) and copied the files over using this command and all worked well.



    Also, for anyone having trouble using tv_grab_file for EPG xmltv, run the following command so that it will run using the proper settings.xml file.

    Code
    1. sed -i -e 's/service.tvheadend42/service.tvheadend42/g' ~/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend44/bin/tv_grab_file

    [8.90.3] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices


    Are you thinking it has to do with how the repository sees my system as?



    Just noticed the default /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend44/bin/tv_grab_file is using '$HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42' which is why the error happened.


    The new install need to look for '$HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend44' instead.

    Of course those two ways work, but the new third way on the home screen does not. Didn't realize this was a skin bug instead.


    Thanks

    I was surprised too when it installed to tvheadend44 folder.

    Addon Name: 'Tvheadend Server 4.3

    Version Number: '9.0.118'

    Author: Team LibreELEC


    I downloaded directly from the 'LibreELEC Add-ons' repository.


    This box only has TVheadend and client installed. Nothing else,

    Tried uninstalling and reinstalling yesterday.

    Just tried to reinstall and now kodi won't install anything from LibreELEC's repository! Tried deleting the pvr.hts from /addons/packages/ but still wouldn't install.

    Found raybuntu Odroid arm version and all is working.



    Now I need to figure out why kodi stopped allowing installs from LibreELEC's repository?

    Hello, I attempted to transfer my aarch64 box (LE 8.2.1) to a s905 box (LE 8.2.3.1). The only problem I've found it the TVHeadend PVR client is not loading.

    Seems to have to do with the architecture? Found this in the logs:

    wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS


    Not sure if it means anything. The log file is after a clean boot.


    Error message is:


    Add-on couldn't be loaded.

    Can't load shared library



    Log shows:

    ERROR: Failed to read 'zip://%2fstorage%2fdownloads%2fpvr.hts-master.zip/pvr.hts-master/addon.xml'

    19:01:19.829 T:3861902240 ERROR: Unable to load /storage/.kodi/addons/pvr.hts/pvr.hts.so.3.4.27, reason: /storage/.kodi/addons/pvr.hts/pvr.hts.so.3.4.27: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

    19:01:21.562 T:3861902240 ERROR: UpdateAddons - failed to create add-on Tvheadend HTSP Client, status = 6

    19:16:56.089 T:4097771616 ERROR: Unable to load /storage/.kodi/addons/pvr.hts/pvr.hts.so.3.4.27, reason: /storage/.kodi/addons/pvr.hts/pvr.hts.so.3.4.27: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

    19:19:56.019 T:4097771616