Posts by quitroot

I have done this in several skins (I use about 6) by adding it as a submenu option to my 'Shutdown' main menu item. You could also add it as an extra main item on the home menu also. The key is to use 'custom item' when setting up the submenu option.

Where I already have a shutdown menu, I also have the standard reboot as a submenu option. I add 'Reboot Android' as another submenu option. Just add another item to the submenu panel in Kodi as usual, and then click on the 'Change action' setting in the submenu panel. Then, page down till you see 'Custom item' (or something similar) as an option and select that - I think it's the last option on the list. Then type in the following text:-

Exec.System(/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand)

So far I can only get this to work where you are allowed to enter custom actions. For example, in Xonfluence, I can't find a way of doing this, so I edited the DialogButtonMenu.xml.

The advantage of adding it as a submenu option is that skin upgrades should not remove that setting. I also found that when I added it to one of my skins - it was automatically added to the other skins (those that have the ability to enter 'custom item' that is).

You should change it to System.Exec(/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand)
    And then it's working like a magic. Thanks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
    [hr]
    Only one thing is missing and everything will be perfect. efficiently handling for ram memory.

In short : it is standard UNIX practice.
    Myself I made a swap partition on external sdcard (it became /dev/mmcblk0p3)
    Usually I take swap space 2x size of RAM.
    Then, specific to ELEC, one would add to /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Code
    # swap
    [ -e /dev/mmcblk0p3 ] && swapon /dev/mmcblk0p3

the swap partition working good but new problems began.
    Each type at shutdown menu: shutdown, Restart, boot to Android, cause the device to stuck.

I have done this in several skins (I use about 6) by adding it as a submenu option to my 'Shutdown' main menu item. You could also add it as an extra main item on the home menu also. The key is to use 'custom item' when setting up the submenu option.

Where I already have a shutdown menu, I also have the standard reboot as a submenu option. I add 'Reboot Android' as another submenu option. Just add another item to the submenu panel in Kodi as usual, and then click on the 'Change action' setting in the submenu panel. Then, page down till you see 'Custom item' (or something similar) as an option and select that - I think it's the last option on the list. Then type in the following text:-

Exec.System(/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand)

So far I can only get this to work where you are allowed to enter custom actions. For example, in Xonfluence, I can't find a way of doing this, so I edited the DialogButtonMenu.xml.

The advantage of adding it as a submenu option is that skin upgrades should not remove that setting. I also found that when I added it to one of my skins - it was automatically added to the other skins (those that have the ability to enter 'custom item' that is).

Thank you , I will check it out.

Hello,

I like the function "reebot to nand" in kszaqs shutdown-menue, but I prefer the use the Xonfluence skin (former Confluence Customizalble Mod). Unfortunately the shutdown-option "reebot to nand" is not avilable with the Xonfluence skin. I could fix this, whwn I deleted the <DialogButtonMenu.xml> in the Xonfluence-Skin and coppied kszaqs <DialogButtonMenu.xml> from </usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence> into in the Xonfluence-Skin </storage/.kodi/addons/skin.xonfluence/720p>.

Cheers
    Mark

Would be great if you can build the menu "reboot from nand" to phenomenal skin.

Kszaq thank you for your work. Working well for first boot on minimx 1gb, now let's see if he can handle some heavy skin and some numbers of addons. On Alex build you must use swap partition otherwise it's freeze a lot.