Posts by rooty

hmm, will dig how that works, weird tho, seems everything is ok

Hey, I'm trying to understand why I'm getting: "There is not enough free storage space to continue!" . It was working before I started to use docker, not sure if this is related.

I'm trying to backup to /var/media/xstorage, I have almost 5TB free what is more then enough. Will appreciate any help

For those who can't wait until it will be fixed (like me) I made a nasty hack:

At the path "/storage" create a new directory with any name (example: fonthack) . Inside the directory create a file (for example runme.sh) and copy content from above to the file and run following command

Code
    chmod +x runme.sh 

I've attached dependencies to this post:

Code
    libfontenc.so.1      mkfontscale
    libfontenc.so.1.0.0

You need to put these 3 files to your new folder (in example above it's fonthack) .

You need to run the file (example: runme.sh) every time when new fonts uploaded to /storage/.kodi/media/Fonts or Kodi's hardware was rebooted.

If everything went ok, you should see following:

Code
    LibreELEC:~/fonthack # ./runme.sh
    [x] Making a copy of system fonts
    [x] Making an index of font files
    [x] Attaching Kodi's fonts to system
    [x] Done

That's it. You don't need to restart Kodi or anything else. Should work right away. If you was watching movie while doing this, stop the movie and play again. Cheers

vpeter, ah, completely forgot about mount --bind, but YEAP! It works! The theory is confirmed now. Thanks!

This is how it looks like before any change: Shared album - Stas Rudenko (rooty0) - Google Photos .

And the result after the binding custom fonts to /usr/share/fonts: Shared album - Stas Rudenko (rooty0) - Google Photos

P.s. I also have following files at /storage/.kodi/media/Fonts which where created for the fonts: fonts.dir , fonts.scale

So this is interesting, actually it is related to Xorg . Would be cool to have custom xorg config at /storage/.config , so in this case additional font path can be added

Okay, after spending a day playing with this I was able to find interesting Kodi's behavior. For *.ass fonts Kodi actually looks into /usr/share/fonts/ . I'm guessing some library checks this path. Seems like this thing which renders subtitles completely ignores "/storage/.kodi/media/Fonts" and I can't upload custom fonts to "/usr/share/fonts/" because it's read only by default. Trying to find a way to make it open "/storage/.kodi/media/Fonts", will appreciate any help.

Hi,

I have SSA subtitles (*.ass) with custom fonts that I have as well. I moved them to /storage/.kodi/media/Fonts . So kodi sees these new fonts and I can change default font under "Language --> Subtitle --> Font to use for text subtitles". What I'm trying to achieve is actually to see all these fonts while watching a movie like it's defined in *.ass file when different lines can have different fonts.

Does anybody know how to make it work? :/