Posts by clarkss12

Has the newer version of the MeCool M8S Pro L a better remote? Perhaps with Bluetooth? Does anyone has this one?

Old version is good with LE, but with a Xiaomi Remote it doesnt work under the Android System.

I have the newest "L" box with the Bluetooth Voice Remote and it is awesome in Android. I have not tested that remote with LibreELEC yet, so don't know if it functions correctly. The remote is a combo Bluetooth/IR remote, slightly better than my Xiaomi Mibox remote.

Edit: Made a video yesterday for people that wanted to know how the Bluetooth on the Mecool box worked... But again, have not tried this remote with LibreELEC, guess I should get off my lazy butt and try it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ported OpenPHT-Embedded for S905 TV boxes

Based on LibreELEC 8.0.2e from Kszaq

Issues:

• HDMI DTS passthrought not working

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but running Veisen's version on my MK808B Plus (Amlogic S805) stick, I get DTS on my AVR. I am playing my BlueRay rip of Avatar, and my Denon AVR shows "DTS". This BlueRay rip plays pretty well, but VC1 encoded videos do not play on this 4 year old device. Same for audio, it is limited on which codecs it can natively play, ex, it plays DD and DTS, but no HD audio formats.

Have not tried your port on my S905 or S905x boxes. And not sure your port will work at all on my S805 stick.

I am running LibreELEC on several of my Android boxes, but was apprehensive about installing your OpenPHT onto one of them. I do have an Amlogic S805 stick that is retired and was just sitting in one of my boxes for outdated hardware. It was already running LibreELEC installed in the memory, so I just had to do an update.

I made a video on how easy it is to install.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes, I know.

I don´t understand why so much users want to play netflix on amlogic box

They can use the TV to play netflix up to UHD resolution.

Do You think it´s possible to enable netflix hardware decoding(amlogic) in the future :?:

The simple answer is because we WANT to to watch Netflix within LibrELEC. Here is my video showing Netflix playing on 3 different devices connected to my Samsung Smart TV. I don't show Netflix running on my LibreELEC, but guess I should have compared it also.

Three or four years ago, I used my $30 MK808B Android stick, running Kszaqs OpenELEC port as my tvheadend server. It just sat on my network doing it's job as my PVR backend for months/years, never powered it off. Then i retired that stick, and used my $40 Beelink Mini MX3 (Amlogic S905) as my tvheadend server/client running under LibreELEC.

Now, I have moved my tvheadend server/client to my Mecool M8S Pro (Amlogic S912) running LibreELEC. I never power off my servers, because the use SO LITTLE power.

I have the Mecool M8S Pro (Amlogic S912) and my Denon AVR shows which audio codec is playing, and this box is running the latest LibreELEC 8.2.2.3. So no matter what audio my BlueRay rips have, it is passed through to my AVR.

I also have the "L" box, but have not installed LibreELEC on it.

Load somerhing like FileExplorer which can ssh connections. Then go to the .kodi Folder in storage and there you find the folders. If a Folder isnt there you can copy the whole folder from the .tar file. For example: the folder „RETROARCH“ should not exist in .kodi so you can copy the whole folder.

In the .tar File is the whole folder structure like it is on your .kodi, like the addons folder and in this folder is f.e. The RETROARCH AND EMUSTATION folders.

I have been struggling for a couple of days, and still can not get it to work......... If you can give me DETAILED instructions on how to do that. I can use putty or the windows explorer. I downloaded the zip file and extracted the files, and placed the RETROARCH folder in the "configfiles" folder using Windows Explorer, but it still does not show up under addons...........

thanks

Can you give a little more information on where to copy those files?? thanks

Will this help?