OpenPHT - Plex Home Theater 1.9 FOR S905 S805 S912 WeTek Play 2 and other devices based on LibreELEC 8.2

• I am running LibreELEC on several of my Android boxes, but was apprehensive about installing your OpenPHT onto one of them. I do have an Amlogic S805 stick that is retired and was just sitting in one of my boxes for outdated hardware. It was already running LibreELEC installed in the memory, so I just had to do an update.

I made a video on how easy it is to install.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• @ eugene2878.

Many thanks for sharing your new build!

Will test it and report back 👾

UPDATE: Loading without errors, everything seems to be working well...

What may I ask is updated in this build?

Edited once, last by Brachiator (February 11, 2018 at 2:52 PM).

• Ported OpenPHT-Embedded for S905 TV boxes

Based on LibreELEC 8.0.2e from Kszaq

Issues:

• HDMI DTS passthrought not working

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but running Veisen's version on my MK808B Plus (Amlogic S805) stick, I get DTS on my AVR. I am playing my BlueRay rip of Avatar, and my Denon AVR shows "DTS". This BlueRay rip plays pretty well, but VC1 encoded videos do not play on this 4 year old device. Same for audio, it is limited on which codecs it can natively play, ex, it plays DD and DTS, but no HD audio formats.

Have not tried your port on my S905 or S905x boxes. And not sure your port will work at all on my S805 stick.

• Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but running Veisen's version on my MK808B Plus (Amlogic S805) stick, I get DTS on my AVR. I am playing my BlueRay rip of Avatar, and my Denon AVR shows "DTS". This BlueRay rip plays pretty well, but VC1 encoded videos do not play on this 4 year old device. Same for audio, it is limited on which codecs it can natively play, ex, it plays DD and DTS, but no HD audio formats.

Have not tried your port on my S905 or S905x boxes. And not sure your port will work at all on my S805 stick.

I get DTS as well, but no DTS-HD, DTS:X or Dolby TrueHD/Atmos.

This works on Libreelec 8.2.x .... but honestly, i do not like the look and feel of the Plex Addon for Kodi, Openpht is much more appealing to me.

• Oh my, you are so right. Sorry for my inability to read properly :D

you can read the prior post in threads, Eugene really did try. I wanted only plex as i have no other way to play atmos to my receiver as my one year old LG B6T wont passthrough the damn atmos.. for now stuck with plex addon

• you can read the prior post in threads, Eugene really did try. I wanted only plex as i have no other way to play atmos to my receiver as my one year old LG B6T wont passthrough the damn atmos.. for now stuck with plex addon

Eugene undoubtly did a great job (thanks again!!).

I am not sure, but I think I read some time that OpenPHT is based on Kodi 15. So maybe that is the reason why there are no HD audio formats with OpenPHT? But that is just a guess from an amateur like me :)

So I share your fate: stuck with plex addon.

• new version (1.9)

based on LibreELEC 8.2 on 1st post

because Eugene copy my build only change name and compile it i will not release source code he can try make own version

S805 and other AML device will be released soon

Edited 2 times, last by veisen (April 6, 2018 at 11:37 AM).

• new version (1.9)

based on LibreELEC 8.2 on 1st post

because Eugene copy my build only change name and compile it i will not release source code he can try make own version

S805 and other AML device will be released soon

Thanks for the update, just tried the .tar in the update folder and it fails. Message is

"Cannot update because system s905 arch64" or something to that effect.

• Thanks for the update, just tried the .tar in the update folder and it fails. Message is

"Cannot update because system s905 arch64" or something to tha

it is bcs im using ARM compiler as kszaq ..... Eugene use aarch64 compiler on my old build ....... you must install it as new build by sdcard

• Just tried your full build, reinstalled from scratch. I'm still having the same problems I was having with your original builds which is that my volume control does not work on my Wi-Fi remote. Therefore the only build working for me right now is Eugene's.

It's disappointing to see that you think Eugene stole your work when really he was just trying to help out. It's a shame that you are not willing to share anymore.

:-/