Posts by TheBlueVoice

    There's a bug (or by design?! ;) ) that doesn't show anything for a fresh install: original thread


    Fresh install of a generic x86 box from usb.


    goto settings/interface settings/skin/get more - pressing enter nothing happens!!


    Go back to main menu

    Select addons from the menu

    video addons - it will say none installed so right arrow to enter add on browser

    choose install from repository

    all repositories - it won't do anything

    now choose kodi addon repos

    the spinner comes up then a list of addons

    go back via ..

    now choose all repos again BUT NOW they are all there!


    now go back to main menu and goto settings and try to download a new skin again - IT NOW WORKS!


    this all has same probs with 8.0.2 as well on 2 different intel boxes.

    I tried that last night but had a crash within a few minutes, so removed it and rebooted as wife was waiting to watch something.

    Looking at the crash log it's complaining about ERROR: Process - failed to create audio renderer so I think adding that xorg.conf may have adjusted the audio settings due to different video device?


    It's crashed even without that xorg.conf a few times today..


    It keeps mentioning errors on VAAPI and renderers...


    Crash & log attached...

    Any further input or ideas chaps?!


    I'm still getting the same random lock ups and freezes that other users are reporting too. (This has been linked to TVHEADEND apparently).


    Also noticed that if refresh rate switching at start/stop is enabled it often stops doing that and even selecting a different ui refresh rate results in NO change to the refresh rate..

    OK, I have gone back to 8.20 on both my intel ivybridge boxes.


    While testing I thought I'd see what the output was like on my projector and was surprised when it played almost ok!

    Back to my main tv (samsung) and turned off judder/blur options and this give almost smooth play back.

    My other tv does not have these options (more basic samsung) and also has some stutters.


    Why does the latest version of LE need me to change tv settings that have not been changed since 2010 when I first set it up?


    I can only think that the new versions output video in some slightly different format? (pixel clocks/sync?)


    I still get a stutter every few seconds though.


    I downloaded the kodi sample videos for testing frame rates (the ones with scrolling vertical bars moving across the screen) - very useful!


    There is still a STRANGE problem though:


    If the UI is set to 60hz and I play the 60fps clip with refresh rate switching on (although this wouldn't change in this case), then I still get a very small stutter every 4 seconds?!


    Surely a 60fps clip played at 60hz output should be smooth with no regular stutters?


    (I've found the best compromise so far is ui refresh rate set to 60hz and no rate switching. Both tv's and projector play 23/24 ok ish, 50 fairly smooth no stutters and 60 mostly smooth with tiny stutter not noticeable during real tv content. Not ideal though!!)



    Would more logs help Klojum?


    Any ideas?

    Hi Klojum,


    Here are the links to the logs :)


    GeRb

    YTPW


    One for the .old as well, I did a reboot and repeated the playing of the same film.


    I've tried connecting the pc direct to the tv in case it was some interaction with my avr (bought a new marantz one in may to replace the pioneer) but exactly the same stuttering..

    Thanks Jocke, I'll reinstall version 8.2 tonight and do the correct logs.


    BTW I did a fresh install of 7.03 as a test. This had the same problems as 8.x - couldn't find any addons / skins etc until I went into the kodi repository and then the libreelec repository. Network was up..


    Exactly the same as version 8.x.


    This make me think there's a quirk in the way libreelec is installed for intel machines - it's almost like some folders or flags aren't set until you go into kodi repository and then the libreelec repository. (Choosing all repositories yields nothing)


    Now I know about this quirk, it's not a problem but it had me stumped for MANY hours thinking it was corrupt installs or network problems.


    However, any first time users who install libreelec then try to say change the skin or install an addon without first going into each of the repositories (not sure if adding media sources will work) will be stumped wondering why no addons/skins are available/shown to download or nothing happens...


    I would very much like this behaviour to be confirmed but I've seen this on two different machines, multiple versions, many re-installs, 3 different hard disks and 7 usb sticks :)


    I've never noticed this before, but then I've been upgrading and restoring backups not doing fresh installs for the last few years...


    My main problem now is that after getting it going I find that 23.x fps playback is jerky. For that I've started a different thread..