Posts by blindhai

Hello,

i am using a MeCool M8S Pro L (the variant with the Bluetooth Voice Remote) with Elec running from a sdcard. As i cant use the Voice Remote with Bluetooth (IR is not really good and smooth), i bought a Bluetooth Remote from Xiaomi.

1.) My first problem is, that everytime i reboot my box, the bluetooth remote cant reconnect by itself. I have to connect my K400r and have to "Trust and connect" and so on.

As i got my hand on another box with a similar remote, where this problem does not exist. I inspected both remotes, which look alike on the first look, but on the second one i saw some difference. The other remote has a smoother feedback and a bluetooth symbol on the back. Mine is more "clickier". Maybe i got not an original one?

So, i would like either fix this issue or buy another remote. If i buy a new one, it should be max 15 Euro. I already looked a little and considered these ones:

Rii Mini i7 Wireless

Rii Mini i25 Wireless

Wechip W1

I dont need something fancy, no keyboard, just a good reliable remote. Any suggestions or opinions? Which one would you choose?

2.) I thought about using only AndroidTV from the box and Kodi from the appstore. This way i could use the original remote. I am using a external HDD with is plugged in the USB port, but i struggled to share this HDD in my network when android is active. Is that possible at all?

Thank you :)

Hello, i started thinking about to replace my S912 Box (M8S Pro L with Voice Remote) with a S905X Box (Tanix 5 Pro).

I primarily use Kodi with the Box booted from a sdcard. Sometimes i use Netflix under Android.

Which really annoys me, is that i cant use the original remote under Kodi with the S812 box, only IR is available, which kinda works...but smooth is something different! So i use a Xiaomi BT Remote, which works well, but only i need to reboot...which not happens often, but is still annoying.

Another thing is that i often read that the S912 has worse support from the gpu, because there is only a workaround available for this. So S905X has better/native(?) driver support.

The questions are: Works the remote from the Tanix TX 5 Pro out-of-the-box under Kodi, or does there only works the IR part of the remote as well? Does the remote works well?

The box i am looking for needs to have a AV Port, because i cant use HDMI or SPDIF for audio, i need the audio jack! And i need 2 USB ports as well. So the Tanix TX 5 Pro looks good. And here are some users who are saying that the box is working well.

I have an M8s pro L coming for myself, but I want to buy a new box as a present for my friends so they can play local content off a hard drive easily instead of burning everything to dvd (!!).

But I don't know what to get. I just want a cheap box since it will only need to:

• Play regular 1080 content (some x265 probably)
    • Play from a usb hard drive
    • Be easy to use and not annoying or slow or bad remote
    • Have wifi so it can scrape content

Have the newer version with the voice remote of the M8S Pro L myself and have to say, i wouldnt buy it again for Kodi. It does not work out-of-the-box with Kodi from a sdcard, only the IR remote works with it and this is laggy as hell. Can only press the buttons slowly, when i am too fast, then the box responses far too late and misses some inputs from me.

I have tried the xiaomi remote then, but this does not connect to the Box whether under Kodi or Android. After a restart i have to manually connect (with the help of the other remote) the xiaomi remote.

Maybe you are better off, when you look for a wireless remote with an extra dongle, when you want this or any other box, where the rmote does not work for you.

The Tanix 5 Pro looks decent though. It is maybe a bit slower than the M8S Pro L, but should be fast enough for your needs.

I have the newest "L" box with the Bluetooth Voice Remote and it is awesome in Android. I have not tested that remote with LibreELEC yet, so don't know if it functions correctly. The remote is a combo Bluetooth/IR remote, slightly better than my Xiaomi Mibox remote.

Edit: Made a video yesterday for people that wanted to know how the Bluetooth on the Mecool box worked... But again, have not tried this remote with LibreELEC, guess I should get off my lazy butt and try it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Did you try this box with LE yet? I have this box too now, but cant get it to work neither with LE or CE. When i try to connect it with Bluetooth (device is called "RemoterATV3", then it first connects and then disconnects. I thought that many people have this remote working with LE and there should be no problems. I tried a remote.conf, but when it doesnt connect over Bluetooth, then it wont help me, i guess.

Just remember that there is a risk of bricking the box when you do this. So make sure you are confident you can resurrect it, should that happen ;)

yes, thanks. I have done this already in the past. Which led to losing the widevine key for Netflix. But it doesnt matter with this box anyway, so it will be a simple player for some video files. It is the box with i can try some things and make mistakes. :)

This ist last KODI krypton version - end of development - ready for daily use

LE9 is pre alpha from KODI leia - update is possible but not recommended - fresh install prefered

Fresh install and then restore the data from a backup is possible or not recommended?

I mean i would have many addons after the daily use of Kodi which i would prefer to not install and configure again. :)

M8S Pro L (S912) here with the community build from kszaq. Is it normal, that the video goes black for a moment and "switches", when the resolution from the media differs from the resolution of the display. My display ist 1920x1080 / 1080p with 60hz. Even when i play a 1080p file the resolution switches/the display goes black for a second or two.

Is that normal behaviour and it works like it should or is it possible to optimize sth?

You are running android - You have to install/run LE

oh, that could be it. Thank you! :)

I didnt really thought about that, because in Android i could install a ssh app, to get access. Stupid mistake from me, but perhaps someone else has/will have the same error some time. The port is 2222 because i changed it, just to be sure. (i have read, that could be a possible cause of error).

Thank you very much for your help. That would have been the last thing i would have looked for, to be honest.