Posts by Pony

Update and Notice for any KII/III Users:

- when booting from USB, the left in top row is the first one. Will only boot LE correct, if other USB-Sticks are plugged in same time, from this. If LE is in a diefferent Port, while other USB Sticks are plugged in, Android comes up.

- there is a HUGE Difference in Performance between USB an SD Slot. Even if you use a fast USB-Stick, SD will be much faster than USB. If SD is plugged in, it ever bootes correct from SD, doesnt matter if other Sticks are plugged in, and where.

If installed on SD (class 10), the Zapping-Time (also with Oscam) are under 2 Seconds.

Hi....

The Box: KII Pro, DVB-S2, LE 8.1.7, TVH 4.3, LE on USB Stick installed. Picons on Storage, asynchron EPG exchange disabled.

the Stream doesnt buffer correct, maybe because the LAN is slow? But: TVH ans HTSP Client is on same Machine,, 127.0.0.1? Does that need LAN at all, if the Box itself will connect to Backend? And if so, does it matter, if LAN is slow or fast? Maybe this is the Reason for the slow Box in my Case...

I saw also, that HTSP-Client sometimes looses the Connection to Backend - same Machine. Also because of LAN-Problems?

The Major Question: is slow LAN the Reason for slow Box, also, if no Internet is needed?

As the Box was frash installed, everything worked almost fine for 2 Weeks, then this occures.

Pony

Hey...

i have the LE Installation on USB-Stick, plugged in on the Box.

The Box has 4 USB Ports, but if i plug in all Sticks (Data/Movies, etc), the Box boots Android. LE will only come up, when the other Sticks are NOT plugged in.

why is this?

if i want to boot from SDHC, is it possible to clone the Stick to SD and simple boot then from SD?

Maybe this works better from SD.... is SD faster then USB?

Pony

....finally i got it.

i had to set the newcamd like this:

Code
    [newcamd]
    port                          = 34001@098C:000000;34002@098C...

then, in TVH created a newcamd for each CAID and each Port, then it works.

Oh my Goodness... this was very complicated.

But thx for Help!

Pony

at least, i started to configure everything new, because nothing worked. I did try-and-error and now i got new errors...

Code
    [newcamd]
    port                          = 15050@0000:015050
    key = 01020304050607080910111213
    serverip                      = 127.0.0.1
    keepalive                     = 1

and TVH Log says with that newcamd-config:

would be great to get the "click" in my Head, i am a Noob with this Setup (Oscam<->newcamd) and i am very confused about this, because i dont know where to search the Error.

In Internet you can read thousands of "working Tutorials", but one is different to the other, so i cant find the "red line" to go.

Pony

TVH <-> Oscam Connection is established, Oscam Log says. Nothing other in the log, that is confusing.

Also TVH Log says, the Connection is established.

I guess, there ist a Problem with the Protocol, or something else. That might be the Reason, that the Connection is established, but the Data cannot be exchanged... but that is only an Idea.

Can someone tell me, what is the easiest Way to configure TVH/Oscam?

Saw also, that the DES-Key has to be in specific Format: 01020304050607080910111213, instad of 00:01:02:03...

So i wrote that in Oscam Config, but TVH still has it with ":" in there. But without he Key, Connection cannot be established.

Pony

Hi...

i have Oscam installed, connected as well to Card.

In TVH i choosed newcamd, with user, who is known in Oscam.

TVH establishes the Connection i can see in live-log, but no Channels are descrambled in Kodi.

I dont habe a clou, where i have to search the "Problem".

Any Ideas?

any Logs needed?

Maybe one of the settings in Oscam is wrong, TVH connects, but i dont know, if TVH gets Card Data back...

Pony

Stick the .tar file from the Backp folder on machine 1 in the Backup folder on machine 2.

Open LE settings on machine 2 and choose 'Restore backup'.

exactly that is was i did first. But after copying half of the the Backup file, the Progress gets into a neverending Job... tried 3 or 4 times, everytime the same. Copying File "aborts" after Half. You see the Progrss bar, but i wont go forward. Also the "kb/Min" gets smaller, down to 46 kb/Min and nothing happens after that. Tried also different Sticks with that Backup File - nothing.

Any suggestions?

i made a Full Backup using LE Backup Tool and wanted to Restore on second (identical Setup) machine.

I copied the xxxx.tar into the Update Folder after flashing and did a reboot.

After reboot it started to restore, but after a while a message was shown, that the File isnt usable, because it isnt a bootalble image, or so.

I never been able to do a working backup/restore with LE Backup Tool.

Again: identical machines, DTB, Image Version, all the same. Even if i will restore the Backup from LE Backup Tool itself in Settings - no success. Sometimes it stops copying Backup File in the middle, sometimes it doesnt start to copy the Backup File at all.

Backup Size is along 1GB, but this couldnt be the Reason, or?