Posts by Jeffers

Put tar/img.gz and device tree in update folder.

I have a S905X 2GB/16GB box, I put the following files into my update folder:-

gxl_p212_2g.dtb, renamed to dtb.img

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.5.img.gz

Rebooted box, appeared to go through update process lines of information posted top left of screen, then hung on Amlogic cat picture logo.

Any pointers to what I did wrong :( any help appreciated?

I did not have a lot to rebuild as I have just started using LibreELEC, so I used the SDCard creater with 'LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.5.img.gz' file to produce a new LibreELEC SDCard and box rebooted without any problem.

Thanks to the patience of Poida helping me to understand how ro work out my remote's factory code see post Create remote.conf from scratch, I now have the basics on my remote working.

Can anyone point me to a table/list of a full set of the key action codes with an explanation of what the codes mean (what action Kodi will take when the key is pressed), that can be used in the remote.conf? If I end up with spare keys on my remote I could use them to allocate options I would like to do in Kodi.

For example the obvious ones are 166 for power, 105 for left, 106 for Right........

If I map and activate my colour keys, what do the key action codes 398, 399, 400 and 401 do:-

# 0x53 398 #RED
    # 0x5b 399 #GREEN
    # 0x57 400 #YELLOW
    # 0x54 401 #BLUE

Whatever the action codes do, I may want to allocate different action codes not used in the template.

I would also appreciate being pointed to some explanation of what some of the options in the template I used from the OP mean and how to use them. For example:-

# fn_key_scancode = 0x44 #MOUSE
    # left_key_scancode = 0x25 #LEFT
    # right_key_scancode = 0x27 #RIGHT
    # up_key_scancode = 0x26 #UP
    # down_key_scancode = 0x28 #DOWN
    # ok_key_scancode = 0x0d #OK
    mouse_begin
    # 0 0x25 #LEFT
    # 1 0x27 #RIGHT
    # 2 0x26 #UP
    # 3 0x28 #DOWN
    mouse_end

I haven't got my mouse working yet, any help would be appreciated

Hello and greetings,

I found out that if i shut down kodi (Le), my player (minix U1) is going into sleep (green light,when fully on its Blue and fully off is no light)

Is it posible to make it fully shut down from the menu?

I ask because, some how in sleep mode the hdmi is not free, so when i want to watch tv after the player has been on , my avr yamaha rx677 wont connect to tv.

I have been fiddeling in cec adapter but no matter what, it never works,

How will be skin dependant.

I'm using Aeon Nox 5, Under the Power main option I set up sub options to Reload Kodi, Reboot Box and Power Off Box

JeffersPlease take issues with your remote.conf and problems following the tutorial to the appropriate thread.

The questions you ask are not related to Amlogic LibreElec builds, but your inability to follow simple directions that have already been previously posted.

To continue to hijack this general thread instead of posting in the appropriate ones is pretty close to spamming, which breaches this (as most) forums rules of conduct.

I can attempt to make the steps simpler for you, but you really do need to post in the correct thread :)

Poida

Apologies I am new to the forum and as you say I have posted incorrectly in this thread.

Are you or an administrator able to move my remote.conf posts and replies to the appropriate thread and let me have a link?

@tutoi & jeffers, from this Create remote.conf from scratch

which part of this are you having trouble with?

Anyone

Following tutorial

Copied remote.conf file from my box to LibreELEC .conf folder after # out all key entries

Found factory code and edited it into the remote.conf file on LibreELEC

Question:- How do I edit the remote.conf when box is booted to LibreELEC, I did it by editing file on USB stick on my laptop and recopied into LibreELEC

I then went into finding out the key codes using SSH on my laptop and pressing the keys on the remote.

Unfortunately the information reported in my SSH version is not in the same format as shown in the tutorial, Scan Code is missing.

So advice on what I am doing wrong or how to interpret the information reported in my SSH would be appreciated.

In my SSH session I pressed the following keys on my remote:-

Power key x 2

1 key x 2

2 key x 2

OK key x 2

Question:- How do I interpret SSH output and how do I use the information to edit my remote.conf

Info from SSH should be shown in pic below:-

7nu9RxM.jpg

I don't know about long presses. I assume you have a cheap basic remote, does it have long presses?

Just run putty, log in, press the buttons, while watching the tv to see what it does. Look at the windows on the pc to see the code. It's all in the instructions.

I found this android app in the play store, generates key information, but some keys take me out of the app into settings or started kodi:-

details?id=aws.apps.keyeventdisplay&hl=en

May help me find some keys easily, I will start from the beginning probably tomorrow. The sun is shining here today, maybe the only sunny day in August, so I am going to get in the garden :)

For example when I press the 1 (one) key it displays:-

KeyDown: action=0 code=8 repeat=o meta=o scancode=2 mFlags=8 label='1' chars='null' number='1'

KeyUp: action=1 code=8 repeat=o meta=o scancode=2 mFlags=8 label='1' chars='null' number='1'

I don't know why it displays two lines, but it looks like key 1 on my remote generates a key code of 8 :) very logical

I am guessing that the really key code is the 'factory code', if I get this wrong nothing will work.

The only real long press I use is the OK key, to get the context menu up in Kodi.

@tutoi & jeffers, from this Create remote.conf from scratch

which part of this are you having trouble with?

bubblegum,

What is the easiest way of finding out the values generated by each of the keys on my remote including long press. I am not very technical have never ssh'd into anything.

My ideal would be an adroid app which displayed the key value when I pressed it, then I could enter all the key values in a document on my laptop as a starting point. Then use the key values in a new remote.conf or use the template identified in one of the posts.

Jeffers / tutoia.

If you follow this tutorial using the template it gives, replacing the codes in the template with the ones obtained from your remote, and un-comment (remove the #) each line you have changed after line 41 (to make it active), the remote.conf will work.

You obviously have to remove, comment out (put # at the beginning) or change line 39 to debug_enable = 0 to disable debug mode and have the codes be acted on, instead of being written to the log file.

Thanks for the link (same as bubblegum's) and tips which will save me some mistakes

What you have posted contains more than 1 factory_code entry (so can't be right)

Once you have found the correct remote.conf you copy the complete file into /storage/.config folder of your LE installation.

Failing that . . .

The remote.conf I transferred was from the etc folder. I'll do a search on the box to see if I can find another remote.conf on it

Jeffers, just like you i'm having a hard time figuring out how to make remote.conf works. Here's what i've tried so far:

• placed a remote.conf file on /storage/.config that i've created from scratch to use on kszaq's LibreELEC 7.0.3 (working perfectly there). No luck;
    • created a new one, using as a source a remote.conf.txt shared few pages before in this thread that doesn't contain any non-ANSI characters. No luck;
    • tried the file from /etc folder in the original android nand partition. No luck;
    • enable and disabled lirc on LibreElec settings. Again, no luck...

Kszaq said also few pages before that lirc is not working on 8.1.x I guess, except if you use C2 (which is not my case). So maybe that's the explanation..

My box is a Beelink MXIII II and at least its original remote control have most of its keys working out of the box on LE 8.1.5, so it's not the end of the world :shy:. Anyway it would be good to get it all working, like it used to on 7.0.3.

Thanks!!

I have an M9S Pro box android 6.0 2GB/16GB and none of the buttons on my remote work in LibreELEC, they do work in android, if I have a breakthrough I will let you know

What you have posted contains more than 1 factory_code entry (so can't be right)

Once you have found the correct remote.conf you copy the complete file into /storage/.config folder of your LE installation.

Failing that . . .

I copied the remote.conf from the etc folder on my box that I run LibreELEC on, so I don't understand how it could be incorrect

That is a nice tool but I wonder of the developers what is the rationale for supporting Windows if you still need to boot another OS to finish the installation because most of the free space on the memory card is wasted (i.e. the the "resize me" message in the ext4 volume)

I think you can use the space of the second partition, just not in windows