Posts by Papalapa

I have had similar problem in the past and the reason was a device connected to another HDMI TV input. It was a Sony PS2 console with an HDMI converter that was damaged. It seems that the damaged converter interfered with the HDMI bus and this avoids to correctly detect the CEC.

Try to connect only your Pi4 to the TV and disconnect any other device on the others HDMI inputs.

Are this installations made with OpenELEC back in the days ?

If they were made with OpenELEC it is likely that your partition is too small.

From the initial LE 7.0 onwards these partition is 512mb at LE instead of 256mb at OE.

No, first installation was made with LibreELEC 8.0 and partition size is 512MB with 370MB of free space.

Then download the image manually, and put it into the update folder.

I tried to send the file using Samba but Windows10 do not likes LIBRELEC and isn't possible to connect. High security levels for an OS that introduces new problems at each upgrade :cursing: Anyway, this is another history...

Using my Mac I'm able to connect through Samba with SMB1 protocol but when I copy the file into the Update folder from the Mac it says that there were errors during the copy and the file is not complete. Indeed, file size on the LIBREELEC is 0 Kb.

I tried to acces locally copying the upgrade packet in the HDD connected to LIBREELEC but with the file browser I cannot find the \Update folder.

Next attempt will be upgrade through SSH. We will see...

I think I have got confused with another post, this is if you get a message there is not enough space to create a backup.

to see the backup folder, in storage, from there you can delete the older tar backup files to create more space.

try it

in windows explorer type in the ip address of the device

sorry :blush:

I'm sorry, you're right. Before editing the original post I inquired about this, but as finally I already solved the issue by the "adding origins" function I deleted from the post this section.

Thank you for your concern :thumbup:

Many thanks Da Flex, at the "Update channel" I see the different versions and I have choosen 9.0 (MR) but the Available Version tab is empty. 9,2 is also empty and 8.0 shows 8.2.5. I upgraded to 8.2.5 sucessfully but 9.0 and 9.2 stills being empty.

How can I upgrade to 9.0 then?

Thank you!

Hi,

After 2 years enjoying LibreELEC without any change now I want to install the new 9.0.2 version as well as the new Kodi version 18.4

Actually I have LibreElec 8.0.2 and Kodi 17.3 running on ODROID C-2 hardware. Is there any easy way to carry out the upgrade or do I start from "zero" creating the microSD again and installing Kodi later? (frankly speaking I do not remember how I done this in the past =O)

If so, how can I copy the LibreElec backup and move to the new LibreELEC version?

Thank you!

Hi all,

I have Kodi Krypton 17.3 and LibreELEC 8.0.2 installed on an ODROID C2 hardware and although it works perfectly I do not see too much difference between the movies recorded at 1080 and the ones at 4K. I have the Kodi resolution set to 4096x2160p of course.

I'm sure that the MKV files are 4K but if I select the satellite tuner built into the TV (it is 4K) I can see the 4K channels with a perfect resolution so, the TV system fully works on 4K UHD. Even the football matches in DVB-T look better in 1080 than the MKV files played in 4K.

Can you think why it could be?

Thank you! :)

I tried 5 remote controls that I have a home pointing the IR sensor of the Odroid C2 but none of them works.

Should I use an special remote control or configure something on Kodi menu?

Well, already found the problem:

The discs with a lot of films are usually connected to my Xtreamer Prodigy Black and the library created includes an .NFO file with the same name of the video file. When the HDD is moved to the Odroid and the library has to be built, it seems that detects that there's an .NFO file and not all the information from TMDB is downloaded, only the synopsis.

The problem has been solved deleting the .NFO files on the HDD when connected to the Odroid and this time the whole film information was downloaded from TMDB.

Now I'm setting up the Odroid C2 with LibreELEC+Kodi Krypton connected to the monitor of my computer and using an USB Logitech keyboard+mouse but when I finish, I'll move my Odroid C2 to the saloon and connect it to a Sony Bravia TV.

After reading some posts I understood that if CEC is activated on the HDMI (in my Sony Bravia is called Bravia Sync) control Kodi from my TV remote control is possible. Is this correct?

If so, which buttons on the remote control are active? I mean, will the left, right, up down and OK buttons work? How to simulate the right mouse click Kodi menus on the TV remote?

Please, can someone explain me a little bit this?

Thank you!

I have LibreELEC+Kodi Krypton running on the Odroid C2 board successfully.

I connected an HDD with 8 films inside and all the synopsis, actors and film poster where shown in the Kodi library. Later I connected an HDD with 290 films inside and only the synopsis was shown; the film posters were replaced by a miniature of the video file and also actors pictures were not present. I have TMDb as video film scrapper. I tried to install Filmaffinity but I get the error:

"The dependency on metadata.common.movieposterdb.com version 1.1.0 could not be satisfied".

I connected another HDD with only 90 films an the problem remains. I changed from Estuary to Confluence and the problem continues.

Any idea that can help me?

Thank you!