Posts by aptalca

As a docker container, by default it is sandboxed. Anything the container should have access to, should be defined in the docker arguments. The addon only allows access to the config folder for saving persistent data and the music folder for access to media.

For that to work, the Bluetooth device likely needs to be mapped into the container. I've never attempted such a feat so I'm not sure if it's even possible.

There is no such thing as install when it comes to docker. It runs in a container. So you create a container and start it. That's it.

"docker create . . ." creates a container

"docker start . . ." starts a container

"docker run . . ." is the combination of docker create and start.

Check the log via "journalctl -u docker.linuxserver.nextcloud" and it should tell you what's going on with the creation and start of the container.

A potential issue could be that port 443 is already taken so the container can't be started with that mapping. If that's the case, go into addon settings and change the port to something else that's not in use.

Hi there,

If I'm allowed to pick up an old thread, I'm also stuck on this issue. I am very new to docker and can't find a way to use portainer. Here is the log:

I have no idea what the lsio network is...

lsio is the custom docker network set up by the updater addon, which is a dependency for all the docker addons in the linuxserver repo.

No idea why it says it doesn't exist. Try disabling and re-enabling the updater addon and check its log

Automatic image update for docker containers is a very bad idea:

• there are containers that may have incompatibilities with others and whose update must be executed in a certain order, and even stop some while updating another (example: my wireguard server must start after pihole)
    • updating a docker image can lead to an interruption of the streaming service (vpn, tv, video, ...)
    • updating a docker image always creates a risky situation that should not be left to an automatic timer

It doesn't auto recreate containers. It only updates the image so none of those concerns are applicable here.

Updater only automatically deletes orphaned images, such as the ones that lost their tag because a newer image was downloaded for that tag. It doesn't auto delete non orphaned images even if they are not attached to a container.

libreelec-addon-repo/docker.linuxserver.updater at master · linuxserver/libreelec-addon-repo
    Contribute to linuxserver/libreelec-addon-repo development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

The prune button in the addon settings however does remove all images not attached to a container, but that is a manual operation, not automated.

libreelec-addon-repo/settings.xml at master · linuxserver/libreelec-addon-repo
    Contribute to linuxserver/libreelec-addon-repo development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

In other words, updater's cron operation uses "docker image prune -f" whereas the manual button uses "docker image prune -af" with the "a" being the critical flag.