Posts by DugieHowsa

I see that COMSKIP is part of the TVHEADEND addon, and that there was some discussion about developing a standalone addon, but I don't think it ever came to fruition.

I am a Silicondust user, so I don't need the TVHEADEND addon, and would like to be able to utilize just the COMSKIP application.

Is anyone aware of an official LibreELEC addon? Or is this addon currently the only one out there?

Check this to upgrade fast to a newer release:

Upgrade Plex Media Server with PlexPass on LibreElec via Command Line | naschenweng.info

Works great

Those commands worked great for me too. Thanks for the guidance. I just went to the Download Plex Media Server & Apps | Plex Media Server page and copied the link for the latest 64-bit download from the Linux -> Ubuntu section

Hi,

what Mini PC do you recommend to run libreelec with pms? It should be strong enough to do 2 transcodings for ipads in parallel, source files to transcode are uncompressed mkvs derived from blu-rays.

While transcoding, the libreelec Mini-PC should stay relatively quiet.

What can you recommend?

Thanks,
    Chris

It is recommended to have a benchmark score between 1500 and 2000 per transcode stream that you want your PMS to support.

What kind of CPU do I need for my Server? – Plex

You can use this list to see if the CPU of the Mini-PC you are looking at has enough resources to support your client/server environment.

PassMark - CPU Benchmarks - CPU Mega Page - Detailed List of Benchmarked CPUs

I started deluge with -L info: the log looks good (see below) but the YaRSS2 plugin does not show up in the WebUI.
    Please report the issue to the YaRSS2 devs.

Code
    [INFO    ] 09:05:21 logger:37 YaRSS2.__init__:34: Appending to sys.path: '/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.deluge/plugins/YaRSS2-1.4.3-py2.7.egg/yarss2/include'
    [INFO    ] 09:05:22 logger:37 YaRSS2.core:41: Enabled YaRSS2 1.4.3
    [INFO    ] 09:05:22 pluginmanagerbase:158 Plugin YaRSS2 enabled..

Excellent. Thanks for checking.

Heads up everyone. I noticed that earlier this week that PMS had not added any new content to the library. I found the following entries in the Plex Media Server.log:

Code
    Jan 03, 2017 22:36:11.370 [0x7fe247623700] WARN - SLOW QUERY: It took 360.000000 ms to retrieve 50 items.
    Jan 03, 2017 22:36:11.376 [0x7fe239223700] WARN - SLOW QUERY: It took 370.000000 ms to retrieve 50 items.
    Jan 03, 2017 22:36:11.398 [0x7fe247911700] WARN - SLOW QUERY: It took 440.000000 ms to retrieve 50 items.
    Jan 03, 2017 22:43:49.317 [0x7fe2447ff700] WARN - Sync: Couldn't get sync lists without subscription.
    Jan 03, 2017 22:43:56.594 [0x7fe24a48f700] INFO - It's been 11499177 seconds, so we're starting scheduled library update for section 4 (DVR)
    Jan 03, 2017 22:43:56.595 [0x7fe24a48f700] INFO - It's been 11499192 seconds, so we're starting scheduled library update for section 3 (Movies)
    Jan 03, 2017 22:43:56.595 [0x7fe24a48f700] INFO - It's been 11499164 seconds, so we're starting scheduled library update for section 2 (TV Shows)

I had been running version 1.1.7 version of the add-on. After upgrading to version 1.1.9 of the add-on (PMS 1.3.3), library scans and updates resumed normal operations.

I would also recommend to people having any type of connectivity issues with Plex Media Server to visit the Plex support forums. The people here in the LibreELEC forum are pretty much just packaging up the binaries that are produced over there. You will likely get better support from the Plex people. Don't forget to enable logging on your Plex Clients, and include both client and server logs in your posts.

In LibreELEC, the PMS logs are located here:

Code
    \\LIBREELEC\Userdata\addon_data\service.multimedia.plexmediaserver\service.log

Code
    \\LIBREELEC\Userdata\addon_data\service.multimedia.plexmediaserver\Plex Media Server\Logs

-or-

Code
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.plexmediaserver/service.log

Code
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.plexmediaserver/Plex Media Server/Logs

Client logs can often be found in player settings menu, and can be configured to automatically upload to the Plex support team.

Plex Media Server on Linux:
    Linux — Plex Forums

Plex Players:
    Plex Forums

I was quite excited when I came upon this. I installed the package and currently it is running as enabled under services(Add ons-->My add ons-->Services). But when I go to manage through the web, I am not able to access. I have managed a previous PMS through the web interface(IP:32400/web). I can ssh into the kodi box, remote to kodi via web but I just can not able to access plex. Any troubleshooting tips?

Do you see port 32400 open and listening when you run netstat?

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # netstat -an | grep 32400
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:32400           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
    LibreELEC:~ #

If yes, then that means the PMS started successfully.

If no, then that means the PMS failed to start. Try rebooting. If a reboot does not fix the problem, try un-installing the addon, deleting the associated addon and userdata folders for PMS, rebooting, and re-installing the addon.

Also make sure that the addon is a match for your architecture. This addon is meant for 64-bit platforms, not ARM (Raspberry Pi) or Android.

If after the above steps, try reffering to this post on how to further troubleshoot PMS issues.

I am pleased to report that the HDHomerun addon that SiliconDust has been maintaining works perfectly with LibreELEC.

As of August 31 2016, version 2016.07.15 of the addon works perfectly on LibreELEC 7.0.2.

To review, the HDHomerun addon allows users to stream live TV from a SiliconDust HDHomeRun device on their network. DVR functionality is also available when using a seperate HDHomeRun_Record engine.

The HDHomeRun addon can be installed from the official Kodi repository, or by following the instructions here. Any support issues can be directed towards SiliconDust's Support Forum.

I am pleased to report that the Plex Media Server (PMS) addon that hugepants has been maintaining over on the OE forums works perfectly with LibreELEC.

As of August 30 2016, version 1.1.2 of the addon (PMS 1.0.3) works perfectly on LibreELEC 7.0.2.

To review, Plex Media Server is a UPNP/DLNA server with transcoding support and iOS/Android/PC/Mac/browser clients.

To administer the server after the addon is installed, simply point your web browser to the the following URL:

Code
    http://192.168.1.100:32400/web

Users should replace 192.168.1.100 with the IP address of their LibreELEC machine. The IP address of your LibreELEC machine can be found under the System -> System Info menu in Kodi.

More detailed instructions on how to install and configure the Plex Media Server can be found over on the Plex Support Site.

After upgrading my HTPC from OE 6.0.3 to LE 7.0.2, the Proftpd addon (version 6.0.1) will not start.

When attempting to start the service from the CLI, I receive the following error:

Code
    LibreELEC:~/.kodi/temp # proftpd.start
    proftpd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    LibreELEC:~/.kodi/temp #

I was not able to find this file anywhere on the system so I guess that it was included in OE but not in LE.

Code
    LibreELEC:/ # find -name libssl.so.32
    find: ./proc/6194: No such file or directory
    LibreELEC:/ #

[hr]
    UPDATE:

Figured it out, thanks to matsalka and this thread about rutorrent.

I just had to create symbolic links to the libraries and restart the service.

Code
    ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.so  /storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.proftpd/bin/libssl.so.32
    ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.proftpd/bin/libcrypto.so.32