Posts by infinity85

Man, thanks a lot again! This was information I was missing badly! Always an uncomfortable feeling not to know the background about what's going on and the need to wait hours and hours seeing here and there thousands of lines scrolling down, and still not be certain whether the outcome is what you expect.

I will make a snapshot of the VM after the first successful run, to not be forced to see this time consuming process again ;)

That was very helpful @awiuoy :)
    Thanks to you, I was able to start the package.mk building process with:
    user@ubuntu:~/LibreELEC.tv# PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm scripts/build addon.package.name

Could you please give some info for unexperienced users like me:
    1. The building process takes half a day on my machine (currently trouble shooting, as it aborts always), just for one addon. Is this always the case?
    2. Is there some possibility to accelerate it somehow? I mean, the addon itself is usually less than 200kb of final size. But executing the ssh line above seems to start an entire build process of an image for the raspberry pi
    3. As I had no success so far (and it takes many many hours until I encounter the next error message)... what is the outcome finally? Where do I find the addon.zip that I can pull out to install it then on my LE clients?
    4. Is the addon packed into a zip at all, or am I doing something pointless here? Or is it just one more code line that I have to do, to make an addon.zip finally? For this, I still don't know where the destination directory of the compiled addon will be then.

I hope you can answer some of the questions, as I'm totally new to this and worried that I waste my time waiting 6 to 12 hours of compiling over and over again until I have finally sorted out all error messages, just to realize that PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm scripts/build addon.package.name was the wrong aproach in the first place :D

The thing is that I just want to have an addon.zip and not an entire raspberry pi LibreELEC image (which I could write to an sd card then). I would like to rely on the official LE releases for this, though I'd like to play around with the selfcompiled addon.

As far as I remember there have been some changes to lcdproc in LibreELEC since LE8. You could try to put your LCDd.conf into this directory (backup the default file first):
    /storage/.kodi/addons/http://service.lcdd/config/LCDd.conf

Besides this... this should be the correct thread for lcdproc issues: thread-1930.html

same question from me on Intel PC (Kaby Lake) + LibreElec. Any chances to playback 3D mkv MVC or 3Diso MVC (frame packed)? My research says intel setups are not supported yet, only raspberry pi. Funny to own the latest and greatest HW and not being able to keep up with a Rpi3 LOL

Unfortunately you have only the option to use windows with this custom MVC build especially for this feature: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback

I created a simple display addon for the Spotify Connect Web Server :)
    ATM it can display Cover Track and Album Infos and it has Buttons to Control the Server!
    Any Ideas to Improve it are very welcome.
    In the Settings menu you can set the Host wich is default to localhost:4000 Note: dont put an / at the and

GitHub - RobertKitzing/spotifyconnectwebdisplay: spotifyconnectwebdisplay

Hey LordDorian! Great thing, man :)

Funny thing is that somebody else is working on the same at the same time as you are: [WIP] ConnectControl for Spotify

Perhaps you could benefit from each other during this early stage! Really glad to see that the community is putting some effort in Spotify for Kodi finally :)

I double checked everything did a few nmap scans, no issues at all. They have closed all their holes and issues. One thing that I did notice, it's not a PureVPN issue, is that it takes about 5 mins after you connect for the IP to report correctly. The same issue happens with PIA as well.

I also tried to remote access in from some of the servers I have up at a data center, I was not able to SSH or web browse the ip at all.

Absolutely not the case. Perhaps they enabled their paid firewall extra addon for you for some days in case you complained about their security towards the support chat (was the case for me). But then they will disable it without any warning in some days or after a week again.

If your vpn connection is established on your LibreELEC device without any iptables rules (see here: thread-2517.html?highlight=vpn), then at least your libreelec webserver port 8080 and ssh 22 is accesible from everywhere by everyone. Just tested it some minutes ago. Of course only if you have the webserver running (for e.g. Yatse remote) and SSH enabled. But anyways... the purevpn servers pass any connection attempt and ssh login (which is always root:libreelec) without any security.

just do a "curl ifconfig.co" on your libreELEC machine and then open the reported IP:8080 in a browser.

Setting up the iptables like this solves the issue:

Code
    # perform "systemctl restart iptables.service" after editing rules
    *filter
    -A INPUT -i tun+ -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
    -A INPUT -i tun+ -j DROP
    COMMIT

Actually jg555, you shoudl read that thread and work out if you're exposed, espeically if you're using your modem/router as the VPN.

In case he uses his modem/router he'll probably be more on the safer side, as there might be a default iptables config or so, that will protect his network. It is LibreELEC which is a bigger concern without doing the proper steps.

Why do you need this? You already have Spotify Connect Web.

Perhaps this addon does not require the appkey? Or what is the aim and benefit of this new addon? I am also interested in the motivation of this.

In the long term it would be interesting to have spotify integrated in LibreELECs/Kodis music interface, so that you can see the current track title and so on on your TV or connected GPIO LCD.

I have my own vpn server (windows 2012 R2) and i only know how to connect to this vpn server with those 2 packages installed. I have a s905x box working with libreelec on it, but i need to connect to my vpn server. I have this working with raspberry Pi 2/3, but i need to have it working with an AMLogic box, because of the power of the box! The install of LibreElec is really great and very easy to install on such box, but now i need just these packages installed..

The same with openelec.. also closed.. i have then osmc which is open, but i can't install it to a s905x box..
    so, what options do i have more?

hope someone can help me?!

Since it is even your own server, the easiest and best option you have is:
    Reconfigure it to OpenVPN instead of PPTP. there is absolutely no way you will get PPTP on LibreELEC.

Repo is the same. It's a total mystery to me how Kodi recognises that updates have happened. I've had a box ignore the fact that I pushed an update, yet all of my other boxes have noticed and installed just fine. Reboot your machine, see if it notices, otherwise be patient.

Weird... Once I read yesterday night, that you pushed the new version to repo, I've looked for it 2 hours after your post (about 12 hours ago). It wasn't there. So I've refreshed your repo through context menu. Still 3.1.1. Then I've uninstalled your repo, rebooted and reinstalled it: Still 3.1.1.

Now 12 Hours later I did all this again, and still after reboot and installation of your repo, there is still 3.1.1. I'm on LibreELEC Jarvis, does that matter?

Hmm... checking your github page: GitHub - Zomboided/xbmc.zomboided.plugins: Data for Zomboided Kodi repository
    it shows v3.1.1 and no 4.0.0, so where is 4.0.0 hidden then?

windscribe....
    what files does the service provide you, to connect to the VPN service?

like:

• *.ovpn file?
    • ca.crt ?
    • ta.key?

Is there a download link, you could point us to, to see what windscribe provides for connection setup?

Edit
    I've checked their website, ca.crt und ta.key can be downloaded there. The only thing you guys need is the "*.ovpn configuration file". As soon as you have this (and you have got login data / user and pass) , I think I can help you to set up VPN Manager for OpenVPN.

Edit#2
    To get the ovpn config file, you need to buy an upgrade account, apparently: OpenVPN Config Generator - Windscribe . Looks like you won't be able to do it without this.

4.0.0 has just been pushed on the repo and on GitHub.

It'll update VPN providers from GitHub directly without having to update the add-on (to get new VPN provider updates, just re-validate the connections again)
    And it'll update itself in about 5 seconds rather than about 5 minutes (which was really painful), so I'd really advise moving to using my repo and using auto update now.

It forces you to re-validate the connections on install if you were using it previously, and it's a big change to the way that the VPNs are connected so there might be some bugs. I think it's a big improvement generally though, and I've tested this one myself for a couple days and shaken out everything I could find.

My LibreELEC shows in your Repo only the version 3.1.1. I've updated and reinstalled the repo, but still 3.1.1. Did you introduce a new repo or so, which I have to install to get the new 4.0.0 version?

Thanks in advance