Posts by donbrew

I have had a question hanging with no answer on the Raspbian forum, maybe someone here can shed some light.

On LibreELEC 9 all I had to do was enable dtoverlay=gpio-ir then drop a rc_maps.cfg file (* * hauppauge) into /storage/.config to make my Hauppauge 45 button remote work perfectly with the gpio IR receiver.

When I do the same thing in Raspbian Stretch (correcting for folders), it just won't work right. The key presses are received by the OS, according to evtest, but some never get to Kodi some are wrong.

All of the keymap config files I can find are identical. i.e.: keyboard, keymap, remote etc.

I have tried many different thing over the last few months.

Does anybody know what the difference is between the 2 systems? Evidently in the OS or kernel level.

That lasted about a day!

Turns out that ANY other disc access at the time streaming is happening interrupts the stream. I had Deluge running on the server, when it started to move files to the watch directory the stream would go whacky. I tested this by moving files around via Samba and NFS while streaming.

This seems to be solved by running Deluge/Sickgear only during non-viewing times.

I have watched an entire movie now, I think I will declare victory.

I used the disable overlays to torn BT and wifi off and set the USB power to 0. changed HDD to a 320 GB that draws .55 A plugged into the Pi USB port plugged the USB hub in to one port, Plugged the 500 GB HDD, the IR receiver and keyboard into the hub. Plugged the fan into 3.3 V instead of 5V. Power supply for the Pi3 is 3A, power supply for the 8 port hub is 2.5A (using 4 ports).

Did it all at the same time, so don't know minimally what to do.

I changed it to a powered hub the enclosure has the extra plug, so 2 X power. When I had it plugged directly into the Pi I had boosted it, that didn't make any difference. Power does not seem to be the problem.

It is a 500 GB laptop HDD that surprisingly actually works mostly on 500 mAh, not great but mostly. Boosting to 1 Ah fixed it pretty good. The label says it draws 600mAh.

As soon as I finish copying files, I'm going to put the HDD on a windows machine and run chkdsk on it. (ntsf)

I'm thinking that having Sickgear,deluge, Kodi, pi-hole, the OS (on an ext4 partition) and acting as a server may be too much for the USB.

Moving the OS back to SD doesn't seem to fix it. I had disabled Kodi, no fix, disabled the desktop, no fix.

It is something to do with the HDD. Kodi on the Pi3 that is the host for the HDD freezes at times. I don't know if it is a problem with the HDD or a bottleneck with the USB. Working on changing HDDs and start shutting down things the server is doing.

I have a pile of class 10 SD cards (5 or six), some in service for less than a week, that will not even register on a linux or Windows computer. And several Micro SD adapters that have been trashed mysteriously. Oddly enough the longest lasting SD card I have is a class 4 that I bought out of desperation on a holiday from the drugstore; it has been in use for about 5 years, on and off I call it "old faithful".

I deleted the log link. and ended up just re installing since I don't ever use those add ons and this Pi is basically a test bed.

LE 8.2.5 on RPi 1B reading files from a USB hard drive on a RPi 3 running Raspbian.

While watching a file the player just stops playing, it can be stopped and restarted. Sometimes the screen goes black sometimes it just freezes. Some days it is perfect, other days it is frequent., some days it is rare.

Tried Samba, NSF and mounting NSF shares locally.

Debug log posted the relevant time stamp is approx 15:03- 15:10. I don't know if it will tell anyone anything, I think it has something to do with the hard drive. I don't know if there would be any logs on the Raspbian machine to help, please tell me if there are.

This is while using a locally mounted NFS share from the remote Pi.

debug log

My RPi 1B is stuck on the LE splash screen. However, I can SSH into it.

Kodi.log is only about 23 lines ending with

DBus: Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files

and then stuck on load settings...

What the heck does that mean and how would that come about? The Pi has been sitting around doing nothing for a couple of weeks.

Be aware that if you are using Windows 10 Fall update you must type the path in the address into the file explorer address bar. Like \\192.168.1.87.

For reasons I don't understand I don't have to type the url on one of my updated Windows machines.

However, there should be no need to share any files that are not included in the default samba. You can get to the config files and userdata with it.

I just found this today in libreelec 8.2.2 RPi.arm the samba.conf.example has typos that prevent it from working.

browseable and writeable are missing the "e". So if you follow directions and edit it to be /storage/.config/samba.conf samba will not work unless you add those "e"s.

One thing that keeps being forgotten is that in windows file explorer you must type "\\libreelec" or whatever your url is into the address bar. Then as if by magic ........

LibreELEC 8.2.2 RPi.arm

Are "browsable" and "writable" misspelled on purpose in the samba.conf.sample? Every other system I've seen has the missing e.

Is that why I can't seem to get it to work, I do understand the new samba 3/4 thing, that has been learned on the other RPi running Raspbian.

I do know that you must type the url into the windows file explorer like this "\\libreelec" or "\\192.168.1.xxx" to make it show on the network browser.

AhHa! yes, that is the problem. Hope this helps everyone trying to make it work!