what is the difference? Raspbian- LE

• I have had a question hanging with no answer on the Raspbian forum, maybe someone here can shed some light.

On LibreELEC 9 all I had to do was enable dtoverlay=gpio-ir then drop a rc_maps.cfg file (* * hauppauge) into /storage/.config to make my Hauppauge 45 button remote work perfectly with the gpio IR receiver.

When I do the same thing in Raspbian Stretch (correcting for folders), it just won't work right. The key presses are received by the OS, according to evtest, but some never get to Kodi some are wrong.

All of the keymap config files I can find are identical. i.e.: keyboard, keymap, remote etc.

I have tried many different thing over the last few months.

Does anybody know what the difference is between the 2 systems? Evidently in the OS or kernel level.

• Official Post

In general, Rapsbian is like a fully stacked Linux OS, whereas LibreELEC uses only the bare minimum of the Linux kernel plus a couple of bells and whistles to run Kodi properly.

• Which is why I don't get that something work in LE but not Raspian. Some bit of LE must be different, in a good way versus a stripped down way.