Roku Remote (RC280) not working with Kodi via HDMI-CEC. Is it possible?

• Hello,

I'm not sure if this is related to LibreELEC at all, but I thought the people here might be able to point me in the right direction.

I have 8.2.5 installed on a Raspberry Pi 3 hooked up to my TV via HDMI

I bought a new TCL 6 Series TV (65R615) and it comes with Roku, and a Roku Remote (RC280) which I think is using IR.

In short, the Roku Remote doesn't seem to work at all when using Kodi. Lately I've just been using the Roku app on my phone for Roku things, then switching to the Kore app when I want to use Kodi. I would like to be able to just use my Roku Remote for Roku and Kodi if possible. My old TV worked just fine with my LibreELEC device using HDMI-CEC. The Roku software picks up on my LibreELEC device in the HDMI-CEC settings menu, and it seems like LibreELEC is aware that the TV can use HDMI-CEC because the "Pulse-Eight CEC Adapter Connected" pops up on boot. Not sure if that pop-up actually means anything or just always shows up.

So is it possible to use my Roku Remote with Kodi at all? Would any add-ons help with this or anything? Is this actually an issue with LibreELEC or the software on my TV? Thanks for the help!

• That "connected" message means to LE. not to the TV. Just means it is turned on. It may need configuring; on the TV and LE.

As far as I know, which isn't very far, If both are turned on and configured right and the remote controls the TV it should control LE.

• Ok, that's good to know. I'm trying to look at some of the logs and mess around with some cec-client commands in the terminal, but I don't think I'm getting very far. We'll see! Thanks for the info.