Posts by JohnWB

I use a Wetek Play 2 running 8.01 watching movies from my Synology NAS over ethernet and it works fine.

I have tried a couple of 4K movie extracts from the NAS on my 1080P TV and they run fine with no problem as do all my 1080P files up to 38G in size

Maybe worth trying the 8.01 again and see if it works ok this time

I am using LibreELEC on my Wetek Play 2 and after installingTVHeadend and getting most of the way through seting it up, it started asking for a password after I came back to it on my PC, but what ever i put in it will not start up.

I have no experience of using putty etc i was wondering if there is an easy way of either resetting TVHeadend, adding a password without starting it or removing it completely so I can start again.

Or is there a writeup that would run me through the reset process

I have tried uninstalling it and tried installing 4 and 4.2 but it still asks for the password

OR is there another program that I could use but I would like to stick with TV Headend if possible

Amlogic support in Kodi v17 is not fully baked and there are some unfinished bits, and this is one of the quirks that shows up on some media - I see it most when trying to skip back in tvheadend time-shift recordings. It's more a case of "working as expected" than a reportable bug so I won't be asking for logs or investigating further. Fixes for current quirks will/should come with Kodi v18 and further overhauling of Kodi VideoPlayer code, and by that point we are hopefully running on a mainline Linux kernel that solves other quirks in the current (ancient) 3.14 kernel.

Thanks for that chewitt, I will just sit back and wait and see what happens next :)

I have just put LibreELEC 8.1 onto my Wetek Play 2 (dual boot) and it works great except when trying to rewind a video.

If i use the either the Wetek Play 2 remote or my Logitech One/FLIRC to fast forward, the video speeds up and the time at the botton of the screen counts up until I press play when it carrys on playing.

When I try to rewind, the video stops but the time counts down, if I press play nothing happens except a blue circle appears in the centre of the screen with the number 100 inside.

Does anyone have any idea whats the problem is and how I can fix it or get round it

I have just put LibreELEC 8.1 onto my Wetek Play 2 and it works great except when trying to rewind a video.

If i use the either the Wetek Play 2 remote or my Logitech One/FLIRC to fast forward, the video speeds up and the time at the botton of the screen counts up until I press play when it carrys on playing.

When I try to rewind, the video stops but the time counts down, if I press play nothing happens except a blue circle appears in the centre of the screen with the number 100 inside.

Does anyone have any idea whats the problem is and how I can fix it

I have just set up the latest LibreELEC 8.01on my new Wetek Play 2 and it works really well, plays all the test files i have.

I have a small problem though, I have set up a few TV Shows & Movies sections which i want to make favourites but I cannot see any way to do this.

i have set favourites before but there is no menu buttons or icons I can see to click on in LibreELEC.

I am using the Wetek 2 remote (which is better than I was expecting) should this be ok to produce favourites.