Posts by alexeiyo

Can you take a comparison picture with a camera?

Hmm?
    Are the colors washed out or too dark?
    That is kind of a contradiction...

In the "mm" build the colors are not consistent. Sometimes, on a given sample clip, they are normal, sometimes washed out and sometimes overly saturated.

I've played several HDR and non-HDR HEVC Kodi sample videos. Sony's HDR Camp clip, for example triggers the oversaturation on other (Patagonia) sample. If I play "The Life of Pi" or Astra's video — they restore the colors to normal.

Sometimes Sony's camp looks more realistic and sometimes too reddish, but the HDR effect always presents.

Hi.
    IMO Sunvell T95X S905X 2GB/8GB better be blacklisted, because of its WiFi chip. The manufacturer sometimes (at least) uses 9082xs chip which is not supported in Linus.
    That's from personal experience.

I must say that this is the best OS/Kodi build I've ever used. I'm new to LibreElec and put 8.0.1j on my Tronsmart S95 Meta. I put it on the Meta b/c Tronsmart screwed me on storage. Somehow 8GB really means 4.8GB. I guess the box's bootloader is 3GB!!!?? Anyway everything is smooth and responsive on 8.0.1j. The only thing I've noticed that someone earlier mentioned is the backwards skip is unreliable. It only works on certain videos but I haven't isolated the files types and codecs that fail. For me it's about 50% which may be my mpeg h264 files. Most of my files are flv or avi. Starting the file from the beginning is the only fix. Other than that keep up the good work! At the moment I'm testing this on a second box as my main box (S95 Telos) is the only way to watch Netflix now. So will definitely be on the look out for bugs and such. Thanks.

Hi.
    Kill that Android and reclaim all the storage space. You'll be able to reinstall Android anytime, of course, but you wouldn't. ;) LibreElec works way better than Android.
    Of course, do it only if feeling confident with this stuff.

It happen every movie what i see. I tried with 23.97 and 24 fps movies, with or without subtitles.
    I cannot give you sample, because the official sample to small (only 1 minute), and the movie is big.
    Operation.Mekong.2016.1080p.x264.TrueHD.5.1 14.69 GB

Hi.
    Finally, downloaded and watched the movie. I've copied the file to a SD card from which Libre runs.
    I can assure you, that the playback was very smooth with no jitter or visible frame skips. I've carefully watched the whole film, despite I didn't like it. ;)
    The audio track was decoded by the box itself (not passed through) .
    I'm pretty sure it was I/O throughput limitation of your device. Try to use another, faster SD or installing to internal storage.

can some one point me to the list of "supported hardware" for a le8 - s905 with 2g/16g that is currently available to buy (would prefer a remote that has a stop button on it) or pm me info thanks.

i searched but i cant seem to find the page currently sorry for being a inconvenience.

and kszaq awesome job

Is not it better to use your TV's remote control? It depends on TV, but many of more recent models support HDMI CEC protocol which would control your LibreElec device.
    I think Libre enables CEC by default. Just look up your TV model info on CEC on the internet.
    X96 with 2GB/16GB? Beelink MINI MXIII II with 16 or 32GB of storage? Vim (2/16)? Though these are all s905x devices. I own one of them.

It happen every movie what i see. I tried with 23.97 and 24 fps movies, with or without subtitles.
    I cannot give you sample, because the official sample to small (only 1 minute), and the movie is big.
    Operation.Mekong.2016.1080p.x264.TrueHD.5.1 14.69 GB

If we're speaking about local playback, mind that some I/O might be running in background, limiting the SD card read speed. Thus your card might become the bottleneck while playing back.
    I've experienced exactly the same issue and after installing to internal storage the playback became visibly absolutely smooth. The reason for that is that the internal storage is (generally) faster than SD card.

Please identify your wlan chip by either opening the box and reading the label or by installing a terminal software in android and telling us the results from "lsmod" (maybe you need to use "su" first, if the command shows an error.

Also, after booting libreelec please connect using ssh and type the commands

Code
    udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*

and

Code
    mkdir -p /tmp/system
    mount /dev/system /tmp/system
    find /tmp/system -name *.ko

LibreELEC:~ # udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*
    P: /devices/http://d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
    E: DEVPATH=/devices/http://d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
    E: MODALIAS=sdio:c07v02E7d9082
    E: SDIO_CLASS=07
    E: SDIO_ID=02E7:9082
    E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio

LibreELEC:~ # mkdir -p /tmp/system
    LibreELEC:~ # mount /dev/system /tmp/system
    LibreELEC:~ # find /tmp/system -name *.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8188eu.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8188fu.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8189es.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8189fs.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8192es.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8192eu.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8723bs.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8812au.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/9082xs.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/audio_data.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/dhd.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/dwc3.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/dwc_otg.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/mali.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/mt7601usta.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/mt7603usta.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/mtprealloc.ko
    LibreELEC:~ #/

Updated Android hw info picture.

Please identify your wlan chip by either opening the box and reading the label or by installing a terminal software in android and telling us the results from "lsmod" (maybe you need to use "su" first, if the command shows an error.

Also, after booting libreelec please connect using ssh and type the commands

Code
    udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*

and

Code
    mkdir -p /tmp/system
    mount /dev/system /tmp/system
    find /tmp/system -name *.ko

Thank you for the very prompt response.
    I'll do it at the evening when at home.

Two weeks ago I put LibreELEC on an MXQ Pro 4K using the LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1h image, downloaded gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb, renamed that to dtb.img an added it to SD card. I booted the box without any single problem and my remote control worked. Today I tried a second MXQ Pro 4k, same supplier but I think a different version since the remote has small differences. I tried installing LibreELEC the same way with a fresh install on a new SD card (32 instead of 16). It boots, but my remote is not working. I connected mouse and keyboard to do the setup and connecting wireless als gave me an error: Network error. Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: remote app. After that initial error it connected, but my remote is still not working and also a USB keyboard that worked during the installation no longer works. Are these problems related to the device tree? I don’t really care about the keyboard, but getting the remote working is very important for me.

EDIT: can I try replacing the dtb on the SD card with another one? Or do I have to do a fresh start and burn the LibreELEC image on the SD card again?

Hi.
    Maybe try to load without any dtb at all, because it could be taken from internal memory of your device.
    You definitely can try other device trees (dtb) files. Actually one with Realtek WiFi may work. Try different files.
    If all parts of the box's hardware work it means you're on right device tree.

Thanks Alexeiyo, the gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb worked on my MXQ PRO 4K Quick Play version. You're right this has the 1Gbit LAN. Remote is working perfect, too!

Are you running LE from nand or SD? I'm still running from SD and want to move to nand.

Kszag, many thanks for giving us LE for these Amlogic boxes!

I'm running kszaq's build from internal storage, but the device has 16GB of storage.
    Speaking about your box, I didn't install elec to internal, because of 8GB. Wasn't sure if it sufficient for Kodi buffering. Kszaq may know the answer.

LE is a lightweight OS, you shouldn't worry about low memory consumption.
    [hr]
    EBAL You should probably use a device tree for device with 100M Ethernet. Also make sure if your box is S905 or S905X.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yes, I understand. But I would prefer to use the exact device's device tree (dtb) file. I can download android image from the manufacturer's site, but android is not installed on my device. I've installed libreelec to internal storage. Is there any advantage in specific device dtb versus generic like 2GB_100Mb?