Posts by S80_UK

I thought AMD was basically the founder of 64-bti instructions in chips, so even a Sempron should work with LibreELEC => Sempron - Wikipedia

A bigger problem is likely the (onboard) graphics card.

You're correct about AMD, but the 64 bit instruction set came in with Athlon 64 and was also migrated to the Sempron range, but there are some prior to 64 bit, and a few which made the switch during their lifecycle. As the article says, that was in the second half of 2005. There are two versions of the Sempron 2600+ and the OP just happened to draw the short straw in this case.

32 bit... https://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K7/AMD-Se…DA2600BOX).html

64 bit... https://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K8/AMD-Se…2600BXBOX).html

I cannot be certain, but a Sempron of that age may not have support for the 64 bit instruction set. On some Sempron models dating from the time that 64 bit was introduced, there can be Semprons of the same basic model with and without 64 bit support, the difference between them being denoted by only a letter in the part number. As chewitt has commented, even if you can get the software to run, the performance it likely to be very poor indeed.

OK - I understand now. It was not clear from your earlier message that you had much knowledge on the Bluetooth side - also, you did not even mention any of your hardware - hence my rather generic answer. To be honest, I have no knowledge on my side about how Kodi or LE talks to Bluetooth dongles. I would expect there is a way to make it work as you would like it to, but that's outside my own expertise. You clearly already know more about it than I do. Sorry I can't help.

You would need a Bluetooth transmitter that also supports apt-x. Very few integrated BT transmitters will include this, since it is extra cost for the manufacturer (software license) and also forces them to use silicon made by the company that license apt-x (Qualcomm CSR). Some of the Bluetooth transmitters that can be bought for sending audio from any device to suitable head[phones do include apt-x - you just need to look at the specs when buying (there are a few on Amazon for example). Note that for any media players that include Bluetooth transmit capability, the selection of the audio codec used is not normally down to the software in the sending device - it simply negotiates with the receiver and they choose the best system that they both understand.

I honestly don't know. Did it break because of what Apple might have done or because of some other regression, directly related or not...? Your added information about Tuneblade (that's new to me) may be pertinent. I don't use Airplay with Kodi - I was simply trying to add some background regarding the way that Apple control Airplay and how that may affect unofficial clients for which the developers have to try to figure out what changes are needed each time that Apple make a change.

Thanks guys, so the issues I experience is because that the airplay version used in latest Kodi is different from in older versions, because Kodi developers have been trying to keep up with protocol changes, introducing bugs on some none-apple devices?

I am not aware of version specifics, but it is more likely that this has broken as a result of changes to iOS from Apple (whether iOS 14, 14.1, etc. - who knows...).

Good summary. Also worth noting - Apple approved Airplay clients include an authentication chip that can only be bought from Apple approved sources after Apple has approved the product design (a complex and expensive process). As a free / open source project, Kodi has no such possibilities and like other unapproved Airplay implementations in commercial products, it may break from time to time.

I am not aware of Orbi - however, a problem sometimes seen with mesh network systems is that they try to act the same as the router and often default to providing a DHCP server, and you can't have moire than one of hose on your network (it's normally a router function). Is the Orbi set to Auto or similar? Does it have a Bridge setting? My colleagues have seen this with Eero mesh networking systems. Once Bridge mode was enabled, everything else worked correctly.

BTW, Intel will be moving the J40xx/41xx and J50xx to EOL per coming October.

I saw that too - but then I saw that they have a "refresh" range launched late last year...

Products formerly Gemini Lake Refresh

And some of those parts are starting to be used in newer products (Odroid H2+, for example) so I wonder whether they may be an option going forwards, unless Intel are pulling the plug on those as well? I may just go for the Asrock board that you have while there's one or two still around.

There are both 32bit boxes with Intel graphics only, and 64bit boxes with an Nvidia GPU.

From here, I cannot tell which one OP's box is.

I went from the description. I looked up the Veriton VN282G - it has the D525 Atom with ION2 and the D525 is also mentioned by the OP. I have that CPU and graphics on an Asus ITX board (and I know that combination works with current LE), therefore it's highly likely this particular Acer Veriton can also work, even if it's an old platform and perhaps not supported in major updates in the future.

All I want is for this to be my NAS system It was where I had all of my external hard drives with all my movies and if I wanted to watch a specific movie I would use one of my Android box, go to that named computer pick out my movie and watch. That is all I need from this unit.

In your first message you implied that you wanted it as a player (moving from the old OpenELEC to LibreELEC). Now you seem to be suggesting a different use case where the player is an Android box of some kind, and the PC is hosting the storage for that player. Depending on the storage type, amount, number of movies, etc, that could require a different approach, and LibreELEC on the Acer box may not be the best way forwards (it's primarily a media player, not a storage manager, after all). For using the Acer box as a NAS you could look at FreeNAS or something (not that I have any experience of it), but given your apaprent lack of experience I would be reluctant to push you in that direction.

Actually, looking at the specs, the Atom D525 processor is 64 bit capable, and in this machine it is coupled with Nvidia ION2 graphics hardware. On that basis, at least, the hardware is capable of running LibreELEC perfectly well. (I have the same basic platform in my older LE machine.) However, as I read it, you really need someone on the forum to help you through the process. Personally, I genuinely don't have the time (flat out with work and part-time carer). But if successful, you should have a reasonable experience with the harwdare. It is perfectly capable of playing Blu-ray rips, for example.

Now i am not able to acces my data on my big RAID5 array.

Why not? If they are both on the same network, just set up a user account on your array and allow LibreELEC to access it using that username and password (it can be read-only if you want to be safe). I don't use RAID5, but I have a 28TB Unraid server sharing media to my network, and LE works with it just fine.

As for being shocked, I find that strange to say the least. It's a media player, and is very clearly not intended to be a protected mass storage system. Even then too many users expect too many features to be supported by the lowest price hardware they can find. Adding RAID support would only make that problem worse. I think you need to re-adjust your expectations.

Depending on the Bluetooth latency, this may sound pretty poor. You could easily have the speakers linked via Bluetooth playing their content with a noticeable delay - could be up to a few hundred milliseconds. There are low latency Bluetooth codecs that may help. Having said that, in my view, the effort needed to manage this level of complexity would be hard to justify.