Possible LibreELEC Test Build Mentioned on NUC Blog?

• Hi there,

Is there any chance that the build mentioned below came to fruition today? I'm guessing that Olli has been in touch with someone in the LE community about it - he doesn't usually just throw things out there randomly on his posts.

• Thank you lrasak.

I have downloaded the file, and It appears that this is a patch, based on the discussion - which is great....except everyone there seems very much aware of how to install it, and I'm not.

I assume this is because it is primarily a discussion among regular Linux users. For better or worse, LE has brought people like myself into the world of Linux with their easily set up OS.

If you or anyone else could assist I would be very appreciative. I'm currently running a dual-boot setup: LE 8.1.1 (1st on disk), and Win10 Pro (2nd on disk). That may make a difference. Do I need to compile the patch, and how would I go about installing it? I am more of an AV geek, but I'd really love to get passthrough working properly with my receiver, so please forgive my ignorance.

• Used the LE SD Creator; it was expecting a *img.gz file, but I used the tool with the *.tar file anyway, realizing they're both just archives essentially.

When I boot to the USB stick, I get a flashing cursor on an otherwise entirely black screen.

• I'm finishing up something on the Windows side and then I can check. I have an existing installation of 8.1.1 - I usually update using the internet-connected tool in LibreELEC settings... is there an option to update the installation from a USB stick containing a tar file? I don't recall. I'm going to check as soon as I finish up in Windows and reboot into LE.... I just value your input right now and I'm hoping you'll stick around for a few.

• Thank you, vpeter. That did it. That's what I was hoping for from post #3.

I'm perfectly capable of searching but a) I completely forgot....and b) I think I forgot because my mind didn't even entertain the idea of a test build install on a dual-boot machine being in ordinary documentation, and c) I've spent innumerable nights scouring the internet for answers to simple ass questions, often to the point where I'm about to put a hole in the wall.

I know a lot of people will never look for answers on their own, and expect everyone to do their work for them - that's not me...I just wanted to get something done without looking in all the wrong places for 12 hours first, for once.

Time to check out the passthrough....!!!

• It works on some hardware and not others and appears to play nicer with our 9.0 codebase than 8.2. There is already a second iteration of patches in circulation and I'd expect further ones until a stable set are figured out. We have provided detailed feedback to the Intel driver team and will be tracking this (as we have been for months already). It is unlikely to be fixed in the initial 8.2.0 release, but hopefully things get resolved and we can add patches in a maintenance update.

• Thanks for your response, chewitt.

That's what I've come to understand. After lrusak pointed me to the Apollo Lake topic on the Kodi forum, I've been sharing logs with Fritsch and he's been having me try various things. I'm in the process of installing a Live USB LibreELEC 9.0 test version (from milhouse) to test.

To quote a comment Fritsch made just a couple of hours ago:

"I made my own tests in the meantime. For me it looks like this:
    - Milhouse 4.11.x based builds: HBR works BUT it fails with 23.976 fps
    - Milhouse latest 9.0 version based on 4.13.2 - everything works including refreshrate switching"