SMB Issue with WHS (updated thread)

• Hi all,

I've got a cubox i4 pro for some times and It works like a charm. I decided to go for a Nuc ( intel NUC6CAYH) to have X265 support to play UHD files.

First question : Is there a simple way to export my library from my cubox and import in my nuc (including actors / already seen movies...(the export and import procedure in a real pain in the ... ) solved

second question I wonder why my TV remote (Panasonic txp50vt50E) is working perfectly with my cubox and not with the nuc ? only some buttons are working and I'm experiencing multiple send to the receiver.

The last one :) My nuc is running so smoothly when playing h265 and UHD videos files that it is unusable !

To be sure that it was not a hardware problem I took another SSD install Windows 10, windows drivers and kodi...and It reads 250 mbps videos with no problem (Jellyfish Bitrate Test Files) while with librelec the 90 mbps files (hevc 10 bits) is floppy solved

I stayed on LE version 8.02 because I'm having issues with windows share on 8.1.1

Many thanks for your help !:P

Edited 3 times, last by nicolas_x (September 25, 2017 at 5:53 PM).

• Many thanks for the replies and the feedback I will try LE 8.1.1 and let you know.

Any clue for the remote (which is working perfectly on my cubox) ?

CypheZ which kind of remote ate you using ?

• I've updated the thread LE 8.1.2 works perfectly with X265 files but I'm still having trouble accessing my shares.

My files are located on a Windows Home server (should be SMB 1 ?) It works with LE 8.02 but none since Samba update (even if SMB 1 is selected).

tried to add the server using IP address not working :(

Still issues with remote but I will handle problems one by one ;)

• here's the log

SbZB

Code
    11:32:51.794 T:139717156792064   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://FREENAS/'                                            unix_err:'16' error : 'Invalid argument'
    11:32:54.018 T:139717986925888   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting smb://FREENAS/
    11:32:54.018 T:139717986925888   ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(smb://FREENAS/) failed

Just to be clear I called it FREENAS but It's a WHS ;)

• Sorry to butt in but I have a similar issue. I read in here that samba has changed from SMB 1 to SMB 2. I used to me able to see my Libreelec devices from my Window 7 PC. I can no longer see them on my network although I am able to connect to the Chorus remote.

I have tried enabling 1 and 2 using regedit but am not sure really what I need to do.

Any help anyone?

Thanks