LibreELEC | auto mount unmount ?

• Hello,

I'm quite new to LibreELEC and Linux in general.

I know LibreELEC doesn't permit many things related to scripts because of it's read only..

I'm wondering if it's possible to have a "function/script/else" to auto-mount and unmount network shares when they become available (or not) ?

In fact I have an Odroid C2 next to my TV with its own USB HDD, and a computer in another room with a upnp server installed. But it's not 100% turned on and i'd like LibreELEC mount or unmount a network share depending on the state of my computer (?)

Thanks a lot for your assistance :).

Regards,

• Kodi can be configured with sources that are on a remote server, and if they are not available the connection attempt simply times out after 30 seconds. It is not possible to add/remove sources in Kodi without stopping and restarting Kodi with a manually or script modified sources.xml. You can also set Kodi to use local sources and handle mount/unmount via a watcher script that runs as a cron task and tests for availability of the remote share, but again the Kodi GUI will always show the source as available as Kodi has no concept of things being ad-hoc added/removed. As Kodi gracefully handles timeouts on share access IMHO it's not worth bothering trying to use local mounts; just configure the remote shares in Kodi.

• thanks for your answer.

i added my computer (upnp) share in Kodi sources, it worked.

(but i would love to find a function/addon/script/service that make it available in LibreELEC OS too (still upnp) ).