Custom Update Channel How?

• Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to use the update channel that was recently applied to service.libreelec.settings. My understanding is I need a http server hosting a LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devl-(build date/time).tar. However everytime I add the .tar file. I get invalid URL. I've seen some logs what I think I recall is requesting a .php file. Simply put, how do I get my LE builds update using the new feature over using scp to update the .update folder to process updates. Can anyone provide the proper structure?

I did do a search forum on LE and could not find any related information.

Thank You,
    onanisland

• Official Post

The URL path that you configure needs to include a correctly structured releases.json file containing details of the files available. The feature does not work by scraping webserver directory listings. It's probably easier just to scp files to /storage/.udpate/

• Is there an example of releases.json that I could refer as a reference? I've considered perhaps making a shell script to handle this but when I saw the update channel thing I thought "oh this is great!"

• releases.json .. the spec is not final yet, and may change again before we reach beta

Well that def helps see the structure. Is there a script that gens the checksums? Or do you guys just manually add them using something like vi/nano? Lastly, do you ever rest lol? I know your name quite well from keeping up with the LE gits and forks you manage. Very cool stuff.

• Well that def helps see the structure. Is there a script that gens the checksums? Or do you guys just manually add them using something like vi/nano? Lastly, do you ever rest lol? I know your name quite well from keeping up with the LE gits and forks you manage. Very cool stuff.

We have a python script, it will live in its own repo soon.

The idea here is that people that want to provide their own builds have a simple means of providing the builds to people without having to use another computer.

• Irusak,

Awesome! Can't wait for the script. I could do the update manually but what fun is that? :) Looking forward to PR. Not sure what branch it'll be under but appreciate all the hard work you guys do. Thank You.

• Could you add the json file to Index of / so we can add this as update channel, please.

There is serious bug that requires me to downgrade from 8.0 to 7.90.010 and this update channel file would make the required downgrade a lot easier than running a manual downgrade via ssh with a wget download. It least it would make things easier in the libreelec gui.

The reason why I need to downgrade is thread-4000.html