Smb Client : Random Errors

• Hello! I am coming from Openelec 6.03, upgraded to Libreelec 7.0.2.

Hardware : Beebox N3150 (Haswell)
    Software : Libreelec 7.0.2
    Network: Nas with Samba server 4.0.0rc5 configured as SMB master browser

Can anybody help me to debug my problem (since libreelec is missing some tools like smbtree and smbstatus) ?

My problem:
    After upgrading to Libreelec, the smb CLIENT (libsmb) is acting random: sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes i get Error2: share not available, sometimes the system hangs up.
    Otherwise the smb SERVER sharing is working perfectly : I can always see Libreelec and access to its folders.

None of this worked:
    - Editing the Nas smb.conf in variouos ways and IP
    - Using SMB v1 (NT1) on all devices
    - Disabling the Router Firewall
    - Using a static link to the NAS IP
    - etc. etc.

I couldn't find the conf file for libsmb client, where is its location?
    Is there a way to check ub the smb CLIENT status via shell?

Thank you for any help.

• Official Post

CIFS/SMB client connections should adapt to the server config automatically, there is no config file. You can enable verbose logging for the SMB library within Kodi settings > System > Logging > Enable component specific logging.

• Hello! I am coming from Openelec 6.03, upgraded to Libreelec 7.0.2.

Hardware : Beebox N3150 (Haswell)
    Software : Libreelec 7.0.2
    Network: Nas with Samba server 4.0.0rc5 configured as SMB master browser

Can anybody help me to debug my problem (since libreelec is missing some tools like smbtree and smbstatus) ?

My problem:
    After upgrading to Libreelec, the smb CLIENT (libsmb) is acting random: sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes i get Error2: share not available, sometimes the system hangs up.
    Otherwise the smb SERVER sharing is working perfectly : I can always see Libreelec and access to its folders.

I'm running LE 7.0.2 (had the same problem with 7.0.1) on an rPi 3. Trying to play .ts files served from my Windows 7 Pro server. I normally use the X-NEWA client for NextPVR to watch recordings. Sometimes, certain recordings just won't play from within X-NEWA. Even with the "normal" debugging logging turned on, the kodi.log file just shows:

Code
    23:02:11 479434.750000 T:1963225088  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: D:/NPVR Recordings/Devious Maids/Devious Maids.S04E06.The Maid Who Knew Too Much.ts
    23:02:11 479434.750000 T:1963225088 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):[img]https://forum.libreelec.tv/images/smilies/tongue.png[/img]ut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
    23:02:11 479434.750000 T:1258283936  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
    23:02:11 479434.750000 T:1258283936   ERROR: smb://WALLY/NPVR Recordings/ - error opening [D:/NPVR Recordings/Devious Maids/Devious Maids.S04E06.The Maid Who Knew Too Much.ts]
    23:02:11 479434.750000 T:1258283936  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
    23:02:11 479434.750000 T:1963225088  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()

The "CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening" part indicates the problem. Note: advancedsettings.xml path substitution is changing the "D:/NPVR Recordings/" to "smb://WALLY/NPVR Recordings/". Now, the really weird part is that I've got the same folder included as a video library. If I go to the video library and select the same file, it will play just fine. Then, when I go back into X-NEWA, it will also play just fine. Also, other files from the same "D:/NPVR Recordings/" or "smb://WALLY/NPVR Recordings/" share will play just fine. So, it does not appear to be a problem with the SMB client locating the share.

I've done the "Enable component-specific logging..." for "Verbose logging for the SMB library", but it didn't seem to give me any more info about the error in the Creating InputStream. (See the attached complete log file.) So, I tried using the advancedsettings.xml <loglevel>3</loglevel> setting which is supposed to give extremely verbose SMB logging. The problem is, that with this extremely verbose logging enabled, every file would open and play from X-NEWA.

It's been very frustrating trying to track down. Maybe it is some sort of timing issue??? The thing is that when a set of recordings fail to open, they will consistently fail until either I go open them directly from the Kodi video library or reboot with <loglevel>3</loglevel>. After doing either of those, then all of the recordings that failed before, work successfully!