Some Live-TV Channels freezing Libreelec completely on LE 8.1.0

• Hey guys,

after updating LE to 8.1.0 some of my Live-TV Channels freeze the complete system, others work without any problems. On LE 8.0.2 Live-TV works like a charme. I also did a clean setup of LE 8.1.0 and only installed PVR Backend and VNSI - nothing else and did a channel scan. The log-file provides switching first to two channels which work and then to a third one that freezes the system, but used to work in 8.0.2. Hope someone can help me!

Log-File:

MWOE

Thanks!

• MPEG2 hardware acceleration fails:

Code
    09:15:37.619 T:140018366519040   ERROR: ffmpeg[7F5890FF9700]: [mpeg2video] hardware accelerator failed to decode picture

Work around: enable Expert settings level, go to Settings->Player->Videos and disable MPEG2-VDPAU

• It looks like.

Saw your posts in the Testbuilds thread on kodi.tv. If you are willing to do more testing: the nvidia driver was updated in Testbuild #0724. When #0723 works and #0724 fails it is a strong indication for the driver.

• You're right! Milhouse also gave me feedback in the Testbuilds thread. The problem is caused by the new Nvidia driver. In the end I switched back to the legacy driver like explained and now everything works perfect with hardware mpeg enabled! Happy end :)

• I doubt that everything works. Sync to display causes black screen on nvidia. The problem happened around 710 build and was not caused by driver update but with some changeses related to pvr.

• Not "Sync to display", but "Adjust refresh rate" is broken. Pretty sure the bug is caused by the Video Player updates as the developer doesn't test any code on Nvidia hardware, and will ignore bug reports from LibreELEC until the same bug is reported on other distributions (sometimes months later). There's a trac ticket, but that's a waste of time.

• Back in the days a nvidia card was the thing needed for hw acceleration in XBMC. But as I see times change, so I will try the Intel gpu of the I3 Core and see what's happening.