v8.1.0 beta - key presses on remote are repeated twice

• But no need to spend too much time on that, the info that the issue doesn't always occur was already helpful! |

It's probably rather random if you get that issue or not - after all if there's a fight between 2 configuration services it's not good and the easy solution is to just disable lirc in LE settings.

Think so too. Disable 'lirc' in settings, reboot and everything is fine for me... :)

Seems to be a flip-flop on boot between booth lirc-services.

thx vielmals

Hanxi

• If you catch a situation with double-presses again, please run these commands instead:

if you still need some feedback :

Code
    # ir-keytable -r 2>&1 | paste
    http://sprunge.us/cibN

# journalctl -a | paste
    http://sprunge.us/PjfN

I can confirm it's quite random.. however disabling LIRC is the solution :)

• if you still need some feedback :

Thanks a lot for the logs!

It looks like lircd runs a tad earlier than on my RPi, disabled in-kernel decoding, but the udev rule configuring ir-keytable seems to have run a bit later (not visible in the logs), as at the end nec and rc-6 protocols are also enabled.

Parallel startup and race conditions can be a lot of fun :)

so long & thanks to all of you for your feedback,

Hias

• Please post the output of these commands when the remote stopped working:

This time, I was able to use my remote once after I started the Pi (not immediately), afterwards, the remote was dead again.

Update: After I posted this, I removed the batteries and put them back into my remote. Now it works again, so the problem was the remote, sorry. So everything works perfectly fine for me with LibreELEC 8.1 together with lircd.conf, Lircmap.xml, remote.xml and "Enable Lirc" activated.

Thanks for your help :)

Edited 2 times, last by Coconut Oil (August 17, 2017 at 6:19 PM).

• This time, I was able to use my remote once after I started the Pi (not immediately), afterwards, the remote was dead again.

Update: After I posted this, I removed the batteries and put them back into my remote. Now it works again, so the problem was the remote, sorry. So everything works perfectly fine for me with LibreELEC 8.1 and "Enable Lirc" activated.

Thanks for your help :)

Cool, I like problems that can be solved that easily :)

As I have you here with an Xbox One remote, could you test another thing?

Change the "dtoverlay=lirc-rpi" line in config.txt to "dtoverlay=gpio-ir", disable Lirc in LE settings and then reboot.

The Xbox one remote should work out-of-the box, without having to run lirc.

so long,

Hias

• Another thing I noticed is that my IR remote stops working for about a minute after I switch my HDMI output cables. Not a big deal, but maybe it is helpful to know.

Have you double-checked the batteries in the remote aren't flat? :)

Other than that: output of

Code
    journalctl -a | paste

after this has happened could be useful.

Also check with "mode2" if the IR receiver is getting any signals.

so long,

Hias

• Similar issue with double press with 8.1 generic with harmony remote upgraded from 8.0.2. Lirc is not listed under my services. Is there a file I can edit to disable lirc?

Scroll down to the end of services, the option should be there always (in 8.0 the option was only shown if an IR receiver was detected).

You can also manually disable lirc via

Code
    cd /storage/.cache/services/
    mv lircd.conf lircd.disabled

and then reboot.

so long,

Hias

• Scroll down to the end of services, the option should be there always (in 8.0 the option was only shown if an IR receiver was detected).

You can also manually disable lirc via

Code
    cd /storage/.cache/services/
    mv lircd.conf lircd.disabled

and then reboot.

so long,

Hias

Thank you. That seems to have fixed it. Not sure why it was not listed. Hopefully it does not mess up the chromium remote script add-on.

• SO im pretty confused, new to libreelec, got it installed fine on pi zero. Also have kodi installed under debian on pi3 with lirc working.

So trying to get ir remote working on libreelec. There seems to be multiple versions of lirc now ? with ir functions in the kernel too ?? in LE service settings there is lirc service, what does turning this on or off do ?? as even when off, my systemctl still shows lircd running under lircd.socket and eventlircd.service using /run/lircd/ for sockets ?

So i was able to add dtoverlay=lirc-rpi to config, this gets /standard /dev/lircd0 socket active and "mode2 -d /dev/lircd0" shows my ir button press's

But this doesnt feel right, as its all operating out of /etc/lirc which is read only, so i have removed dtoverlay=lirc-rpi again , as this feels like the old way, and that there is a native way to do ir now

?? commands like ir* (also this has been marked obsolete:

Guide To lirc rpi GPIO Receiver - LibreELEC)

Trying to connect irw or mode2 to /run/lircd/ sockets shows no codes recieved... Id really like to know how to get a raw output for the IR remote and what to do with my existing lircd.conf remote codes file or create a new one ?

help...

edit* ive noticed enable/disable lirc in LE services renames between /storage/.cache/services/lirc.conf <-> lirc.disabled

• Hi, I'm a little confused now. For me before everything was fine (no repetitions) but now the key presses are repeated sometimes (Logs). I have new batteries in my remote and I really only pressed once :P It seems like it occurs more often when I watch a file from my NAS then when I watch it from a USB Stick, but maybe this is just arbitrary.

Edited 2 times, last by Coconut Oil (August 23, 2017 at 2:03 PM).

• Hi, I'm a little confused now. For me before everything was fine (no repetitions) but now the key presses are repeated sometimes (Logs). I have new batteries in my remote and I really only pressed once :P It seems like it occurs more often when I watch a file from my NAS then when I watch it from a USB Stick, but maybe this is just arbitrary.

Quite certainly you are hit by this issue: lirc_rpi is sensitive to interrupt latency · Issue #906 · raspberrypi/linux · GitHub

Unfortunately there's not much we can do about that, it's a general problem of the RPi and how USB and GPIO remotes are handled.

As an alternative you can use a USB IR receiver, eg one integrated into a USB DVB receiver:

[SOLVED] LibreELEC + PCTV 461e + XBox One Remote

so long,

Hias