Update Library a bit "Iffy"

• Hi,

First post, and unfortunately its a help request :(

I'm using the latest build of LibreELEC on the Hardkernel Odoid C2 (LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.2.img.gz), which uses Kodi 17.3 and am struggling to get the media library to work properly.

My setup is simple. One NAS storage box with stuff shared using nfs. There is no security on the box. There are 2 shares on the box, one containing movies and one containing tv shows. The movies folder is just a flat folder and seems to work ok for detecting stuff.

The TV folder is different and highly organised. An example folder is:

/tv/program 1/season 1/episode s01e01.mkv

/episode s01e2.mkv

/episode s01e3.mkv

/season 2/episode s02e1.mkv

/episode s02e2.mkv

/episode s02e3.mkv

/tv/program 2/season 1/episode s01e01.mkv

/episode s01e2.mkv

/episode s01e3.mkv

/season 2/episode s02e1.mkv

/episode s02e2.mkv

/episode s02e3.mkv

This generally works ok. There are, however, a few folders I cannot get the library to "find":

/tv/professor green documentaries/series 1/Professor Green S01E01 - Dangerous Dogs.mkv

/Professor Green S01E02 - Hidden and Homeless.mkv

/Professor Green S01E03 - Is It Time to Legalise Weed.mkv

/Professor Green S01E04 - Living in Poverty.mkv

/Professor Green S01E05 - Suicide and Me.mkv

and

/tv/Frankie Boyles NWO/Series 1/Frankie Boyle's New World Order.S01E01.Episode 1.mkv

/Frankie Boyle's New World Order.S01E02.Episode 2.mkv

/Frankie Boyle's New World Order.S01E03.Episode 3.mkv

/Frankie Boyle's New World Order.S01E04.Episode 4.mkv

to give 2 examles.

I've checked the permissions and they match all other file on the storage. I've tried a few variations on the file names and folders, but still haven't managed to get them to add.

Also, when I delete a movie or tv series folder from my storage, and try the update library, the series still exists in the library. Clean library makes no difference. I have to try watch each file and say "yes" to remove the file from the list.

Can anyone shed any light on to why the folders are not adding, and info on how to clean the library to remove deleted shows?

-c-

• As long as the scraper isn't down it's usually about naming.

For instance - stick 'Professor Green tvdb' into google and you'll find the tvdb has these docs under 'BBC documentaries.'

The name on the main tv show folder needs to match the name the scraper uses.

• What scraper are you using? If you r using The TVDB go here and match your titles TVDB

Regarding Professor Green it's never going to work like that..you have to put folders the way they are in the scraper

It is in the folder of BBC Documentaries

So it goes like this :

Every slash is a folder

TV/BBC Documentaries (1936)/Season 2015/BBC.Documentaries.S2015E246.mkv

TV/BBC Documentaries (1936)/Season 2017/BBC.Documentaries.S2017E189.mkv

TV/BBC Documentaries (1936)/Season 2016/BBC.Documentaries.S2016E31.mkv

TV/BBC Documentaries (1936)/Season 2017/BBC.Documentaries.S2017E202.mkv

Edited 2 times, last by Mario77 (August 8, 2017 at 8:56 AM).