No HDMI out when Upgrade

• Thanks for reporting and glad it worked for you ;). But still have absolutely no idea why you won´t get a screen while connecting LE directly to your TV. As there aren t any known problems. Anyway...what really counts is, that it now works ;)

We will cover that in our own wiki as well.

Have fun with it.

• Hi there,

Just reporting that I have the same issue as discribed by dwkodi15.
    Interestingly I am also on the same Intel chipset G45/G43.

I am also attempting to upgrade from OE 6.0.3 which is working fine, I haven't tried 7.0.1 yet only 7.0.0

I saw the details on the custom EDID so I'll try 7.0.1 tonight and if that doesn't work then I will revert to 6.0.3 run through the EDID process, upgrade to 7.0.1 again and update the kernel boot parameters.

I will post my results tonight, if this does fix the issue is this something that can be resolved in future releases or will we always have to run this custom EDID?
    My concern is if for whatever reason we ever do a fresh install we would either need a backup copy of the custom EDID files or would need to go through the whole process of loading OE 6.0.3 run through creating EDID file then upgrading.

• Upgraded to 7.0.1 last night and same issue however I created the custom EDID from OE 6.0.3 before performing the upgrade.
    So once on 7.0.1 I updated the kernel boot parameters rebooted and the LibreELEC splashscreen was finally visible so all working well now.

Is this something that can be fixed in future versions?

• Please be sure to read the very last line of that link:

A GPU that supports DX11

Direct X is for a Windows platform. LibreElec is covered under the Linux section of that article, specifically section 1.3.1
    G45 is listed as the Intel option: Minimum for HW decoding of 8-bit H.264 and VC-1