executable file question

• Quick question as I'm still learning. The addons I have built for tvheadend grabbers use #!/bin/sh at the top to make them executable as I work to develop under LE.

However, this apparently means the grabbers won't work on Ubuntu systems. That needs something like #!/bin/bash or #!/usr/bin/env bash

Does this mean I have to maintain two versions of the addon? Or is there a way to make this file executable on LE installations and other Linux installations like Ubuntu?

• If script with #!/bin/sh doesn't work on Ubuntu it is something wrong in the script.

Also this doesn't make script executable - only tells which shell to use to execute. You still need execute permission set on the file.

• I had feedback in the kodi forum that my zap2xml grabber was not showing up in an ubuntu install - when I looked, it seemed that the file was not showing up as executable for others.

I work in between a virtualbox ubuntu install and windows. It seems that when I move the file to the windows drive - it loses that permission.

Is there a way to work in windows and keep the file with 777 permissions?

• got it - so instead of messing with the file on a mounted virtual box folder - I should just clone my repo into my virtual ubuntu change permissions and push the commit - then in windows if I pull the change it should work?