6£ / 12€ DVB-C/T2 USB Stick -> Xbox One Digital TV Tuner

• Hi, if your crystal palace muxes still fail, this worked for me. For the HD channel muxes I had to change the delivery system so this may had gone awary for you.

• I received my stick, loaded the 1.2 image, stick was detected and scan was perfect, never the less a lot of channels are giving continuity errors, I tried TVHeadend and DVR and no difference.

QJQR

Can you let me know if I am doing something wrong

Thanks

• I received my stick, loaded the 1.2 image, stick was detected and scan was perfect, never the less a lot of channels are giving continuity errors, I tried TVHeadend and DVR and no difference.

No, you're not doing anything wrong I'd guess. The driver has just taken its first steps and problems are expected.

You don't mention anything about the system that you're running LE on or the broadcast standards, but I'd guess you've got a DVB-C transponder that you're trying to tune to. I've gotten a few reports that the stick doesn't work reliably on some cable providers in some parts of Europe. There likely is some tuner parameter that would need to be adjusted in order to get a good reception. However, there are 93 tuner parameters that each can have 256 different values, so it's pretty difficult to start guessing what to change.

What you would normally do is to plug the stick into a Windows PC, capture the traffic on the USB bus and then start to compare that to what the Linux driver is doing. However, there are no Windows drivers for this stick! The only way is to plug the stick into a Xbox One and somehow capture the traffic between the Xbox and the tuner (either with a USB sniffer or an I2C analyzer) which is expensive and/or complicated. And to make things worse, the Xbox tuner officially doesn't work in all countries, so you can't necessarily even get it working in all countries...

I've got only DVB-T and DVB-T2 signal available here and the tuner works fine for me. I know this doesn't help you, but unfortunately I cannot do much to help you either. I'm hoping that now that the initial work with the tuner is done, there's a developer who has the expertise, time and the equipment to improve the DVB-C reception. There's also a good chance that it's actually not the TDA18250 tuner driver that needs to be changed but the MN88472 demodulator driver...

• Thanks trsqr,

I use rpi3 with and I am tuning to DVBc German KabelDeutschland. I used to have a hauppauge solo HD that suddenly stopped working... Hardware and I think recent kernel broke something as well.

I bought this stick since I read that it is cheap and have some future :), anyway it seems I will keep it but I need to buy a new one that should work.

;(;(

• KD and UM are known to act stupid, working setups broke from one to the other day due "changes" at their infrastructure (whatever that means).

I'm guessing they move channels between cable frequencies and/or change mux parameters whenever they like, as they (like many pay-TV satellite operators) can control the platform (i.e. their set top boxes are able to be told about these changes transparently) and thus moving channels around (or changing mux parameters) causes them no issues. However for third party reception solutions, which aren't part of this closed ecosystem, the changes require some manual intervention potentially?

• Sorry excuse my ignorance, does this mean even if the scan went through and the channels are locked, they may not work fine?

KD provide a complete list of transponders and SID, VPID, PMT, and APIDs, which I though is the only parameters needed?

• I have just bought this stick using it with a Rpi3 libreelec latest build and it works fine picking up HD / Sd UK channels with no issues, when i update the image using the millhouse nightly build it does not show the channels and give an TV headend error, i believe that it may be something to do with the drivers ? can his be implemented into the millhouse build by any chance, or am i missing something ?

• I think with Millhouse you need the updated tvheadend Addons, as for the Libreelec 8.1.2, is it the standard or the test version attached here in this tread ?

Cool ill give it a go and see how i get on and give you an update....... and yes the test version in this thread.....

Edited 2 times, last by andiewill (October 4, 2017 at 9:08 PM).

• the tuner work with turkey cable (DVB-C) operator Teledunya and that is better signal quality than KII pro. find all tp. I can watch everthing :)

Only problem Continuity counter error like KII pro. but that is not important for me.

Edited once, last by taki (October 17, 2017 at 10:07 PM).