poor wifi performance

• Hi, i have a RPi3 and libreelec latest running on it (Linux LibreELEC 4.9.29 #1 SMP Thu May 25 02:23:55 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux)

The wifi performance is horrible bad. When i try to copy a movie from my workstation to the USB HDD connected to the RPi3, the beginning of the transfer is pretty fast (5mb/s) and after about 10 seconds it goes down to about 150kb/s

I thought it could be related to the HDD, so i switched it. Same behaviour with another one.

The wifi signal from my lede router: 72.2 Mbit/s, 20MHz, MCS 7, Short GI 1.0 Mbit/s, 20MHz

I tried to set off the power management, no success, same behaviour. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Wifi performance is one of those things that is a very individual thing. Every one's situation is unique. Plus the fact that the inbuilt antenne of the RPi3 is pretty tiny in size doesn't help either. The 10 second thing is problaby a buffer filling up. An external USB wifi stick could help a bit.

As always... If you have the chance to use a cabled network connection, simply do so. It will make so much difference.

• Using cable fixes the problem but i would really prefer wifi. Maybe its the AV Receiver next to it which somehow disturbs the signal. I have to check that - thought maybe others have this problem too (which would point to the driver)