Mac Mini no audio

• Hi everyone,

I'm new to here and just installed LibreELEC to my old 2009 Mac Mini, everything went smoothly but the issue is that I have no digital audio out. Since this old machine have no HDMI, I use Toslink for audio and DisplayPort for video. This setup works fine in OSX but not in LibreELEC. Anyone know how to work around this?

Thanks

• As a Mac user i just stumbled across this thread and nearly dropped my laptop.

How have i missed LE being available on Mac Os ?

Where is the image or support page. ?

I cannot find it even after i read this i again searched and cannot see it.

I am ready to be embarrassed on how i cannot find this.

• There are usually some installation challenges (especially on older Mac hardware that sucks at USB booting) but x86_64 compatible Mac hardware should be able to run the Generic image. It is not widely used though (new NUC's are considerably cheaper than new Mac minis) so there are some lingering grey areas on support.

• Code
    echo "options snd-hda-intel model=imac24" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/alsa-base
    or 
    echo "options snd-hda-intel model=mb5" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/alsa-base

^ One of those should/might do the trick. You need to reboot to effect the change..

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

• Code
    echo "options snd-hda-intel model=imac24" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/alsa-base
    or 
    echo "options snd-hda-intel model=mb5" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/alsa-base

^ One of those should/might do the trick. You need to reboot to effect the change..

I tried both commands and doesn't seem like anything change after reboot.

Just make sure I did this right.

SSH to the machine, enter one of those command below, hit enter, then reboot. Any other command I need to input before that?

Thanks, sorry I dumb with these command.

Code
    options snd-hda-intel model=imac24" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/alsa-base
    options snd-hda-intel model=mb5" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/alsa-base
  • That's all, but a possible typo: use alsa-base.conf not alsa-base

There are quite a few other model=blah options available for Mac mini/laptop devices that you can try but those are the most common. I've never found a single comprehensive list of them though.