N64 core not working

• I'm having trouble getting the Mupenplus core to work for my games. I have NES, SNES & Genesis games working but anything N64 is not. It was working yesterday but suddenly stopped working. I've searched through log files to try and figure out what is happening and this is all I could find.

This comes from retroarch.log when I try and load the core directly from within Retroarch.

[ERROR] Failed to open libretro core: "/tmp/cores/mupen64plus_libretro.so"

[ERROR] Error(s): libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've looked in that location and it is there. I've tried using Retroarch's online updater to update that core. It still gives that message.

Can anyone suggest a solution? I'm running an Intel i7 PC with LibreELEC 8.0.2 (I think)

I've also pasted my logs to HHVH

Thank you./shrug

• As you are running my build, you should not expect support outside my topic. Emulators are not part of LibreELEC and the setup is unique to my build.

As for this problem, most likely you have used the online updater which you shouldn't do. Some of the cores depend on specific versions of libraries that are available on the system they were built on. In this case probably Debian. Remove the one you've downloaded from /storage/.config/retroarch/cores and reboot.