Deleted TV Recordings

• Hi, I've been using LibreElec for a while now and it has been very good. But all of a sudden about 70% of my TV recordings just disappeared, doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, its not necessarily the oldest ones, nor just the watched ones. Some folders survived intact, others had half or more of the files missing, its very odd. Not exactly sure when it happened but just discovered loads of stuff missing both from the listings and the storage folder on the disk (windows share).

I'm using the latest LibreElec and TVHeadend on RPi3. I had set TVHeadend to keep recordings for ever.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this or knows of any explanation. Obviously it is quite annoying and means I can't trust this setup anymore. I would really appreciate any ideas as at least with an explanation I might be able to carry on using LibreElec.

Thanks

• ok looking a bit further it looks like in general anything more than about 3 months old has gone. There are lots of entries in the Addons.log file like: "...scheduled for recording by "127.0.0.1", retention "On file removal" removal "92 days" "

What does this mean? 92 days is suspiciously like the length of time after which my recordings have been deleted. Could it be related? why on earth would it do this terrible thing when the "DVR file retention period" is set to forever. :)??

Is there any way of fixing it?

• Might not be related but the autorec logs \\KODI-PI3\Userdata\addon_data\service.tvheadend42\dvr\autorec contain:

"retention": 2147483646,
    "removal": 92,

the config log \\KODI-PI3\Userdata\addon_data\service.tvheadend42\dvr\config contains:

"retention-days": 2147483646,
    "removal-days": 2147483647,

does this help?

• Attached the latest log from the "\logfiles" folder. They only go back as far as the 15th July, don't know why. There are also some old logs from February and March and then nothing until the yesterday so I guess they are being deleted periodically. The issue occurred a few days a go so it wont show up in this log but posted it anyway.log-2017-07-16-12.41.14.zip

• Ok I see the problem the "Number of Days to keep recorded files" setting in TVHeadend web interface seems to have no relation to the Timer Rules setting in Kodi. So setting it to keep recordings "forever" in TVHeadend doesn't actually do anything, the default in Kodi is still to delete after 3 months. What a nonsense. Is this a known bug?