BM8 Amlogic S905X or R-TV BOX S10

• Hi. I am looking to buy a new TV box. I ordered the R-TV BOX S10 with s912, 3 GB RAM and 32 GB EMMC. But then I read that S912 and LibreELEC is not a good combo?? I will only use Kodi with my box. Local movies and addons IPTV + torrent streaming addon for free and legal documentaries.

How bad is the S912 support? The R-TV S10 looks much better than the BM8, but is the bad support a killer? Should i cancel the order?

S10: R-TV BOX S10 KOD17.3 DDR4 3GB eMMC 32GB TV Box
    BM8: BM8 Amlogic S905X Android 6.0 Marshmallow KODI 17.1 TV BOX

Edited once, last by Klojum: No need for advertisements (July 7, 2017 at 12:07 AM).

• Thanks. I've tried to read through it.. but I don't understand much. The only thing I'm getting is that Amlogic won't make it open source, but I don't know what that means for the user experience. I'm looking to play 10-bit HDR 2160p, and use a couple of addons in Kodi. That is it. The thing about S10 is that it has 32 GB. That is something i relish

• Thank you so much for the effort, kszaq. You're work is fantastic.

My only goal is to use Kodi with a few addons. It comes with Android 7.1.1. The producer claims that the Kodi version is optimized for the S912. Is that even possible? Or does some producers get the source from Amlogic?

If it is optimised should I stick to Android 7.1.1 and only use Kodi or go with Libreelec? Which do you think will be most reliable and most speedy?

Thanks again.

• It comes with Android 7.1.1. The producer claims that the Kodi version is optimized for the S912. Is that even possible? Or does some producers get the source from Amlogic?

Sounds like complete Seller Bullshit to us. :thumbdown:

LibreELEC is the most optimised bug busted Kodi you are going to get.

The AMLogic specific LibreELEC Kodi codebase is at least one generation ahead of where Android Kodi Krypton is, plus there are optimised Linux Kernel patches that improve on video decoding and playback Sync - something AMLogic Android Boxes can only dream about - even the shiny new ones.