Hyperion issue: playback slowdown and halting.

• Yes but since this thread is about Amlogic + Hyperion and

And unfortunately we don't know how to motivate kernel developers for looking into this issue :(

we are discussing about a solution. Isn't this thread about solution to a problem?

And yes, the suggested solution involve Hyperion, so we are in topic

• No. But as far i know no working hd or 4k grabbers exist. But this doesnt matter because the grabbed picture is downscaled and i dont think you have 1080 leds (or more) installed behind your tv.

I too have this issue however if you're going down the splitter route then you'll need something that can output from the source to your display. Its a big jump in price to a 4k splitter and the cheaper models only support hdmi 1.4. Its not a show stopper for me, I just put up with a couple of pauses when I am watching H265 content.

• Anyone could share with latest binary of hyperion.ng for Krypton kszaq version for S905 (wetek hub), i try to compile it be myself, but with no luck ( crosscompile is not updated on git) My host is ubuntu 14.04.

I hope someone will find solution for those slowdowns and hangs, cause as someone mention, external grabber make system more expensive :)

• no. but you could use it to connect to any source (4k, HDR) and an external grabber solution (grabber+RPI).

So:

Source (whatever including 4k and HDR)--> vertex -->

vertex out a to TV (4k and HDR);

vertex out b (scaled to 1080) to converter - > grabber --> RPI (running LE and the Hyperion addon) --> leds

As far as I know the vertex is the only hardware solution which can put out 4k + HDR on one HDMI outlet and simultanously 1080p on another HDMI outlet.

• As far as I know the vertex is the only hardware solution which can put out 4k + HDR on one HDMI outlet and simultanously 1080p on another HDMI outlet.

That is not correct. You can also use a Receiver with 2 HDMI Out (Like Pioneer VSX-1131-B)

• That is not correct. You can also use a Receiver with 2 HDMI Out (Like Pioneer VSX-1131-B)

These hardware solutions that people are posting cost over £300, the pioneer one is £400-500. There must be a way to get this working without that sort of expense. Perhaps an alternative box but as the Hyperion add-on doesn't support hardware acceleration it will need to be libreelec. When I see need, I like the ease of the libreelec and my little 905x box that cost 40 squid. :shy:

• Just found this post but could not test it yet. Maybe a solution:

[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

Quote from Vigilant

I found a solution for those who want to use hyperion-addon on this build. You must reduce the polling frequency of aml-grabber to 10 Hz. This is enough for normal operation.

• Hello everyone !

I only discover this thread after months of research about this issue...

There is hope ! Since the last week, I'm testing the latest kernel updates from amlogic ([3.14] Merge kernel updates from Amlogic Nougat 2017-09-28 SDK by codesnake · Pull Request #70 · LibreELEC/linux-amlogic · GitHub) and I didn't had any slowdown since that.

Maybe it's just by luck, I'll continue my tests for some days and keep you informed.

There is also another option, hyperion.ng introduced a new capture mode for the amlogic grabber. It's done directly via GE2D / amvideo and not by amvideocap anymore.

It needs additional kernel patches : Commits · Arakmar/linux-amlogic-le · GitHub

It works just fine for the hardkernel kernel. But I haven't manage to get it working on the Librelec amlogic kernel, it captures just a black screen.

I need to investigate that a bit more when I'll have time.

• I also testet the solution suggested by vigilant, but the lags still appear.

Apart from that setting the frequency to 10 HZ causes ambilight to be not smooth

• I also testet the solution suggested by vigilant, but the lags still appear.

Apart from that setting the frequency to 10 HZ causes ambilight to be not smooth

I don't have any lags after lowering frequency to 10 Hz. Smoothing config frequency is 20 Hz.

I don't see any point in having grabber frequency above 20 Hz.