Hyperion issue: playback slowdown and halting.

• Just now i've watched video through some VOD client with NG enabled:

13:02:32.617 T:3200672672 NOTICE: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled

Leia builds are yet unusable for s905(x) boxes, so my tests were made on the different Krypton builds (both MM & Nougat kernels). A little bit later (maybe tomorrow) i'll try to make a long-term Leia test with Hyperion.NG and post results.

Thanks again for your efforts!

• Sorry for late report. I've tested LE9 build from Gendo with NG from repo, and unfortunately faced same issues :(

Log
  • vevs Thanks for testing. Can you please ssh into your box when the stuttering starts and post a dmesg log. Thank you.

• GDPR-1 , i'm already switched back to LE8, but as problem is common for both Krypton and Leia - it doesn't matter, right? If not - tell me, and i will make the log in Leia a little bit later. Thanks for your help!

Edited once, last by vevs ().

• I am also having problems with Hyperion and my Khadas Vim, but a bit different.

In my case i have Ambilight in the Menu etc. and in Movies which are SD and 720p. When it comes to 1080p Ambilight simply does not work.

The LED's wont light up. I have used a working config from my NUC, only changing to the AML Grabber.

The LED Stripes is connected to a Arduino which is connected via USB to the Khadas. But from what i've seeing here Amblight and Amlogic seems to be a bigger problem.

• i had the same problem when using boblight instead of hyperion. The leds only worked up to 720p. I never solved it...

• It's referred to another issue (with h265 video), and it has workaround (but not-so-good). Stuttering/Hanging problem has no solution yet :(

• no progress on this, what can i do to help find a fix?

Its a shame that this is so hard to troubleshoot, my leds so far are collecting dust.

• no progress on this, what can i do to help find a fix?

Its a shame that this is so hard to troubleshoot, my leds so far are collecting dust.

I don't think anyone is actively working on that issue.

• I have this issue too. Hyperion disabled. I'm glad my 905 can read x265 files, but not so happy i've lost my Lightberry use. A backstep imho.

• And unfortunately we don't know how to motivate kernel developers for looking into this issue :(