Live TV channel does not play in Kodi but plays in VLC or other players

• I've got a strange problem. Travel Channel HD does not play in Kodi. Well, it seems to start playback but there is no sound or video. In Tvheadend, there are no errors. Same channels plays using Tvheadend's web interface in VLC and also on the TvhClient app on the iPhone.

I have this problem with both Kodi 16.1 and Kodi 17, first one running on Cubox and second one on Windows 7. So it seems to be a Kodi problem. Since the other players (VLC and TvhClient) use a different profile in Tvheadend (MPEG-TS) instead of HTSP for Kodi, maybe it is related to HTSP playback of this channel.

I can include Kodi logs if needed but I first want to hear what people think. Like I said, The problem occurs on two different versions of Kodi and platforms while everything else is the same. And so far this is the only channel this occurs. All other channels play fine on all platforms.

• Sorry, I am away on a business trip. I will post the log as soon as I get home.

EDIT: Here is the log. I switch to Travel Channel HD, it seemingly "plays" the channel but nothing happens in Kodi. Then I switch to channel above which plays then I switch back to Travel Channel HD and nothing again.

Kodi Log

Edited once, last by pajtaz (July 1, 2017 at 12:53 PM).

• Official Post

Just a reply to say that Kodi/LibreELEC support stops here because of an installation infested with banned Kodi repositories and/or addons.

And those superrepo entries should be included as well.

EDIT: now they are.

• Ok, thanks. I can post you a log from a Kodi 17 running on my Windows 7 laptop with the same problem. Same issue with not being able to play Travel Channel HD in Kodi. No banned addons in that Kodi. Will you take a look at it then?

I pay for this cable TV from Ziggo so I am asking for help to watch the paid TV. Also, other users might experience the same problem.

• It is encrypted but so are all other channels (as an example, I tuned to two other channels, both which are encrypted). All other channels work fine. And as I said, Travel Channel HD works correctly in VLC when playing through the web interface and on my iPhone (both which do not use HTSP but MPEG-TS).