Touchsupport

• Hi vpeter. I'm having similar issue to Wim.. I'm using a RPI3 with a chalkelec 14" capacitive touch screen. The screen works in raspbian but with libreelec I can't get the touch screen service to start. I have modified ts_env.sh and ts_conf as per your instructions, including the screen name in dev/input/event2 but the service wont start.

I attach evtest and service status.. any ideas would be wonderful as its an awesome screen..

• This is the problem i figure:

Process: 569 ExecStart=/bin/sh -c exec /bin/sh /storage/.kodi/addons/service.touchscreen/bin/ts_uinput_touch.sh service (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

• its IS in addons/service.touchscreen/bin and it looks like this

• Seems you forgot to copy file ts_env.sh-sample to ts_env.sh and adjust it (changing TOUCHSCREEN_NAME="ELAN Touchscreen"). Also copying file file ts.conf-generic to ts.conf.

• no i've definitely done that

Code
    TOUCHSCREEN_NAME="Elan TouchScreen"
    TSLIB_TSDEVICE=$(echo 999 | evtest 2>&1 >/dev/null | awk -F':' -v TS_NAME="$TOUCHSCREEN_NAME" '$0 ~ TS_NAME {print $1; exit}')
    export TSLIB_TSDEVICE

export TSLIB_PLUGINDIR=$ADDON_DIR/lib
    export TSLIB_CONSOLEDEVICE=none
    export TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb0
    export TSLIB_CALIBFILE=/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.touchscreen/pointercal
    export TSLIB_CONFFILE=/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.touchscreen/ts.conf
  • You need to copy/edit files only in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.touchscreen. There should be config folder.

In one of your previous posts I saw

Code
    May 19 14:01:29 LibreELEC sh[569]:       TSLIB_PLUGINDIR: '(null)'
    May 19 14:01:29 LibreELEC sh[569]:   TSLIB_CONSOLEDEVICE: '(null)'
    May 19 14:01:29 LibreELEC sh[569]:        TSLIB_FBDEVICE: '(null)'
    May 19 14:01:29 LibreELEC sh[569]:       TSLIB_CALIBFILE: '(null)'
    May 19 14:01:29 LibreELEC sh[569]:        TSLIB_CONFFILE: '(null)'
    May 19 14:01:29 LibreELEC sh[569]:           TSLIB_RES_X: '(null)'
    May 19 14:01:29 LibreELEC sh[569]:           TSLIB_RES_Y: '(null)'
    May 19 14:01:29 LibreELEC sh[569]: TSLIB_TOUCH_HOME_TIME: '(null)'
    May 19 14:01:29 LibreELEC sh[569]: resolution: 0x0

which indicates not everything is configured properly.

• WOOOOHOOOO!!!!

There appears to be 2 similar directories here..

/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.touchscreen - here i have copied ts.conf-generic to ts.conf and ts_env.sh-sample to ts_env.sh

/storage/.kodi/addons/service.touchscreen - here are the generic files.. there is no /config subdir.. So i just copied them there too and we are sorted!

Thanks so much.. i have a 14 inch glass 3mm thick touchscreen running libreelec KODI krytpon. Its the bollocks.

You rock.. thanks