Help choosing 4K TV Box

• Hey guys,

I have read many posts but I still have doubts when choosing the perfect TV box for my use..

I have a 4K TV and would like to take profit of it so, therefore, my desired box should have the following features:

- Support 4K
    - Kodi
    - Transmission (or similar to automate RSS downloads)
    - Something like pi-hole if possible (just as an additional feature).

I don't really know either if you can install things like transmission or pi-hole in Libreelec...

My budget is around 50-60€ maximum. Any recommendations? I am looking at the following 905x currently but I am open to suggestions:

Mini M8S II: Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Android Amlogic S905X Quad Core Processor 2GB+8GB

Xiaomi Mi 3S TV Box: Original Xiaomi Mi 3S TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad Core

Beelink MINI MXIII II: Beelink MINI MXIII II TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad Core 2G + 16G

Thanks in advance!

Edited once, last by Klojum: No need for advertisements. (June 20, 2017 at 5:50 AM).

• Xiaomi Mi 3S TV Box: Original Xiaomi Mi 3S TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad Core

I'm not even sure this can run LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - certainly not one of the boxes I've seen people using.

The trouble with recommending cheap boxes is internal hardware, particularly WiFi chipsets - can change month to month - even for the exactly same named AML Boxes. Some do not even have Linux WiFi drivers available for them which makes support impossible.

Basically its all a bit of a gamble, choosing AML hardware unless you go with well knows brands like ODROID, MINIX or WeTek.

• Klojum yep that's one of the posts I looked before asking but "various cheap AMLogic S905(X) devices" didn't solve my problem.. Btw sorry for the links, I wasn't willing to do publicity.

wrxtasy damn Wi-Fi is quite of a priority for me too cause I wouldn't be able to connect it via ethernet.

Let me know if you have any ideas of boxes I could get... I really don't know what to purchase with my budget...

kszaq I'll check it out.

Edited once, last by Alejandro3 (June 20, 2017 at 9:00 AM).

• I am unable to recommend. I have some non-branded boxes only for testing - not using them on daily basis. The products I use for stable builds (family use) are from Minix, Wetek and Odroid...

• Damn it's difficult to find a bang for the buck... Which characteristics should i focus on? Amlogic 905x and...?

Brands such as Mini or Beelink are recommendable? Any Xiaomi box where you can install Libreelec? It would be easier if the Rasp had 4K support :(

Thanks!