Noobie query..

• Hello Everyone!!

I've just jumped into the world of Libreelec (Linux) via my Raspberry Pi (old version) . - (Which was cool before on Raspbian)

I have been trying to connect to a source, but can't even type the letter 'h' for http://

Initially it complained of no PVR client set up, but i manged to get round this, I believe, but no channels appear when using a random M3U link.

Therefore I'm stuck with a new Kodi look, 17.1, with LibreElec ( v8 in the background) and can't connect to no repositaries.

Now I understand the notorious Fusion is down, but i think something else i could be doing wrong, as I cannot even enter a URL (via File Manager) ???

Can anybody help PLEASE!!

• Official Post

If all other keys on your keyboard work, your keyboard is the problem.

A new Kodi look? You can still download the Confluence skin if necessary.

And yes, Fusion is a banned/illegal Kodi addon, so support stops here until it's fully uninstalled.

• Hmm..the keyboard works fine, otherwise I'd not be able to get to the File manager page. Plus i can tpe in the 'name of source' field, but the 'path' field??

Also i understand Fusion is banned, but I can't type anythin on the 'Add file source' page, yet i can use my cursor with no problem..

• Hmm..the keyboard works fine, otherwise I'd not be able to get to the File manager page. Plus i can tpe in the 'name of source' field, but the 'path' field??

Also i understand Fusion is banned, but I can't type anythin on the 'Add file source' page, yet i can use my cursor with no problem..

Just to be sure you are doing things correctly ...... when 'NONE' appears that is not the entry field. You must select 'NONE' to get the entry field.
    There is then available a virtual keyboard on screen which can be used with a remote or you can use keyboard.

• ok, I have got things working, by performing the following work around;

* I downloaded repository & then used open zip option

Thank you everyone for your help & time on this matter.

P.S I did not try using the virtual keyboard, but will do on the next repository..