Hang during playback Kodi 17.3

• Hi Guys!

I am struggling to get Libreelec working properly and was hoping maybe you can help me fix this.

I am using Libreelec 8.0.3 generic (CPU: Celeron J1900 BayTrail, 2 GB ram) and the system frequently hangs during playback.

Here is a link to my kodi debug file: wiWRB6cq

Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

Thank you for your help!

• Official Post

It *could* be a Linux kernel problem that bugged some of the J1800/1900 motherboards, but it's been some time ago. You'd think they would have solved it by now. Yet, if it is the same problem, I don't know of any solution at the moment.

Have you done an extensive memory test, to exclude the DIMMS on the motherboard?

• Hi there,

I had the same pb with a zotac box.

Very strange but for me the version 8.01 is working great (no hang)

Upgrading to libreelec 8.02 and the pb is back

Bottom line : I am back on libreelec 8.01

Hope this helps

• Having the same issue here :(

Strange thing is, it has been working great only started 2 days ago, and nothing was changed for the last 2 weeks.

Could it be SMB related?

My Kodi debug file: eDdZ

• Official Post

Different hardware:

Code
    21:50:06.086 T:139688374061184  NOTICE: Host CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3225 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 2 cores available

I have the same CPU. I have no problems.

Try again with a clean setup and the default Estuary skin only.

• :-| found my issue.

When I upgraded my DHCP server, i messed up the ip range.

So my media player received a DHCP IP, that was also used by another device (where the IP was configued as a static IP)

So when playing a movie/series every +- 20 minutes , the player stopped playing (freezed) and went back to the main menu.

after a reboot, it started playing again for +- 20 min ...