Create update files

• I don't even know what to call the process or name the thread but what I want to achieve is this:

I have made a lot of modifications to one LE installation of mine - installed dockers, various add-ons, skin changes etc.

I have various other boxes at home. When I make the changes on one box, its quite tiresome to note down and manually make the change in each and every box. With the frequent goodies that keep popping up on the forums here, the frequency at which I am installing new stuff etc is quite frequent.

Is there a way I can save my existing configuration in the format of the 4 files one copies into the 'Update' folder, viz. system, system.md5, kernel, kernel.md5 or whatever that is. So that I can just drop the 4 files into the update folder of the systems I want to update. I once remember following a tutorial using mksquashfs to generate these 4 files for updating some system settings without having to compile. But I also recently noticed that LE does not support mksquashfs any longer.

Btw will such an update update non-LE components like dockers etc?

Lastly, at the risk of sounding exceedingly ambitious, is it possible that I could change the path of the default LE update server to some location of my own from where the update is downloaded by those machines when a new variant is uploaded by me? :cool: