Libreelec 8.0.x suport for dvbsnoop,tune-s2 , blindscan-s2 on dvb-tools plugin ?

• hi

thanks for this amazing software LibreELEC , im on weetekplay1 and runs very good.

i recently install dvb-tools looking for a w_scan for search on local satellites, but there are not listed....

this 3 tools are very helpful on the the DVB-S2 Signals And I wish they were supported by libreelec

updatelee / tune-s2 — Bitbucket

dvbsnoop - DVB Stream Analyzer, MPEG Analyzer more updated repo CrazyCat / dvbsnoop — Bitbucket

majortom / blindscan-s2 — Bitbucket

• Official Post

Please have another go at submitting the packages to our github repo. It's hard to see exactly what the mistake was in the previous attempt but i'd guess you did changes in a local copy of the 8.0 branch and then submitted the PR to our master branch. This will include all the changes between 8.0 and master (350+ commits) in addition to your changes, which get lost in the noise.

First clone our repo to your personal GH account using the GH web interface. Now clone (download) your repo to wherever you're going to make the changes. Checkout a new "topic" branch from master for the changes. Make changes. Push the local topic branch to your GH repo. Then PR from the topic branch in your GH repo to the master branch in our GH repo using the web interface.

The rookie mistake (and we've all done it, everyone is a git noob at first) is cloning from our repo and making changes in the master branch. It works for something you build locally but it becomes almost impossible to upstream/contribute a clean PR.

• Official Post

kalashnikov I would add these progs (if there are no bigger problems) but can't test them at all - could you test it ? If so which platform/version of LE do you need ?

generic

for generic LE8 ^^^^

Code
    - added blindscan-s2
    - added dvbsnoop
    - added szap-s2
    - added tune-s2

szap-s2 was added because it was easyy and at the same page ;D

Would be nice if you can test if this works actually.

dvb-progs-8 <- source

• Sorry - very much a beginner! Wetek Play 1 (Armv7 32 bit) / LE 8.0.2 / Kodi 17.3
    I have installed the add-on - no errors and when I try to run it within Kodi it says "Console only" so I assume installation has completed as expected.
    SSH login from PC as root ->
    When I run any of the programs I get:
    /storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.dvb-tools/bin/dvbscan: line 6: syntax error: unexpected ")"
    for tune-s2, szap-s2 and dvbsnoop similar error but 'line 1: unexpected "("'
    for dvbtraffic and dvbdate similar error but 'line 1: unexpected ")"'

Is it me? (If so a little more then just "Yes" would really be appreciated!)

• Thank you vpeter - I was assuming that CvH had put the Wetek 1 version for kalashnikov under the link in his post but maybe it simply wasn't for LE 8.0.2.

Hopefully he will make it available so that I can give it a whirr. ( CvH I would be very grateful)

• CvH thanks for reply.

I’m attempting to use LibreElec on RaspberryPi 3 with MuMuDVB a TBS5990 with Crazy Cat drivers. The CAM is a Smitt Irdeto professional either 8 or 16 service capable.

The idea is to provide a compact cost effective headend to provide descrambled multicast streams for downstream transcoding on a FFMPEG on another mor powerful Linux based PC or PCs.

I have tested the set up and although reception of DVB-S2 TS is OK, descrambling does not work and MuMuDVB reports that it is built without CAM support.

I do hope you can help.

Thanks